Job Title: EC&I Engineer
Location: Torness, East Lothian GB, EH42 1QU
Compensation: £40,000 - 45,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time Permanent
Job ID: SF42856
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
This role will be working within our Clean Energy business specifically our Operating Plant Services business unit which plays a leading role in nuclear generation including a major contribution to the transformation of EDF's reactor technology to meet the changing demands of nuclear power. Cavendish is a trusted partner to EDF for the safe operation, late life management, life extension and ultimately the defueling and decommissioning of their sites.
What will you be doing?
We have a new opportunity for an EC&I Engineer to join us at our Torness site working on various projects. The successful candidate will be based full-time onsite at Torness.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver packages of work from initial assignment right through to close out. You will manage the project using close collaboration with team members, the client and other contract partners to ensure the work is delivered in line with stakeholder requirements.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to; work planning, producing and reviewing technical documentation, review and approval of contractors, technical surveys, risk assessments and chairing meetings.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers:
• Generous holiday entitlement and occupational sickness cover
• Agile working conditions
• Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
• Job satisfaction working together for a sustainable environment for future generations
• A tailored personal development and training programme as well as professional membership Subscriptions
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
The experience you'll bring:
• Previous experience working in the Nuclear or Defence Sector or within an alternative highly regulated Environment for example: Oil and Gas, Rail, Pharma Etc.
• Previous experience in working on multi-discipline projects
• Qualified to HNC/HND level in a relevant engineering discipline,
• CTC Clearance
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 26th May 2022
Job Segment: Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Engineering