You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise, and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We’re looking for an experienced consultant to help us better articulate and co-ordinate our response to client tenders. Ideally, we’d like a T-shaped consultant - someone with a broad range of consulting experience, but deep understanding of how to create client solutions in a compelling way.
This position is in the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) division of SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business, focused on Transformation & Delivery Consulting (TDC). TDC has three core areas, Programme Delivery, PMO Services and Solutions, and Business Change and Transformation. We need someone who has, or can build, a board understanding of our capabilities and articulate them for our clients.
ADS&T’s is growing consistently across Defence, Security & Intelligence, Government, Energy and Transportation. It’s a busy and exciting time to get involved and we’re growing a Bid Response Team (BRT) to provide a central, dedicated and coordinated team. We need you to build, develop and lead that team.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Your purpose and key activities:
The objective of this role is to coordinate our input to bidding across our division (ADS&T). You’ll make sure we plan for and support bids effectively and efficiently. Ultimately, you’ll help enable our success by developing high-quality winning proposals. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business, with a solid client base and huge aspirations.
Key activities include:
- Responding to requests for input to bids, including mobilisation of the team for tracked/planned bids from the pipeline and reactive/unplanned bids.
- Solution development during bids – working with others to collectively author high quality responses from storyboard through draft before submission.
- For smaller bids, authoring all aspects; acting as the single point of contact.
- Liaising with stakeholders, including technical SMEs; resourcing teams; response authors; and reviewers.
- Team management, governance and reporting.
- Development and tracking of Management Information (MI) and KPIs to substantiate team success.
- Regular engagement with a large network of stakeholders across the business including – Bidding teams, Client facing teams, Solution Architects, Practice Technical Leads and Authorities, Creative Design and more.
- Understanding the pipeline demand for bids and managing capacity to respond.
- Capturing of lessons learnt from both successful and unsuccessful bids and using these to inform the team strategy/backlog.
- Managing knowledge - sourcing, cataloguing, developing, and expanding bid collateral including ‘boiler plate’ responses, capability statements, case studies and graphics.
What you can bring?
- Well organised team leader who can react, adapt and move fast.
- A highly effective communicator who can build strong links with a variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborative approach to working with wide range of internal stakeholders.
- A solid appreciation of client procurement processes and governance of bids (Shipley).
- Good standard of bid writing ideally with a track record of bid success, and keen to develop experience and capability of others to contributes to winning bids.
- Knowledge of a variety of consultancy and delivery capabilities and methods including some of the below, with a willingness to develop knowledge base:
- Digital transformation and the role of consultancy in this.
- Portfolio management
- Project & programme management
- Portfolio, programme and project management office (PMO)
- Digital PMO, MI and data analytics
- Agile delivery
- Risk management
- Strategy & business design (including ops model)
- Business case and commercial
- Business change & transformation
- Business modelling & analysis
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
Read more about 'Total Reward'.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.