Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision > - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide .
We will help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team. Summary
The Operations Excellence leader directs and leads all Continuous Improvement activity across the Site. Provides leadership and delivery of improvement programs to increase the site's competitiveness. Personal delivery of Lean Sigma Black Belt projects and the coaching of Green Belts / Kaizens/ A3s, the lead source of expertise on the application of lean sigma tools and techniques.
A member of the Site Leadership team accountable for the current site performance, whilst shaping the future strategy. Core Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Drive the High Performance System (HPS) across the site leadership and aligns with all functions on HPS. Acts as the interface between the site and the Product group/ Division in all Improvement / HPS matters.
- Lead the business with regard to Business Continuity and Risk Management alongside ensuring effective strategy deployment into the site and its execution.
- Deliver business improvements and cost savings through the delivery of improvement projects.
- Coach effectively to increase capabilities across the site for Green Belts & problem solving ( Kaizen/ A3s).
- Lead the Deployment of the HPS and lead plan to increase in maturity.
- Analyse, and measure the effectiveness of complex business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements in support of Site leadership goals.
- Member of Site Leadership with accountability for current performance and future strategy.
- Lead Business Continuity and Risk Management alongside strategy deployment.
What We Offer
- Lean Sigma Black Belt.
- Results focused with track record of delivery of improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership.
- Manufacturing experience, ideally operations leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tool (s).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Early finish on Fridays
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-IB1