Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence
We have an exciting Commercial Manager
role working for our market-leading division of Heatric based in Poole, Dorset. The business manufactures printed circuit heat exchangers primarily within the oil and gas industries but have a number of opportunities emerging within the greener markets which could have a huge impact on the energy markets.
As a Commercial Manager, you will deliver the commercial processes which support bid management for the business, including drafting and negotiating complex contractual agreements. Additionally you will be assessing contractual and commercial risks, providing appropriate advice to the business. Furthermore, you will ensure that agreements are in accordance with corporate policy and applicable legal requirements. You will be highly skilled in working collaboratively with many departments across the business, including our Sales, Engineering and Project management functions.
In return the successful applicant will be joining a FTSE business who promote a high performance culture and look to promote and develop from within.
- Management of the commercial process from bidding through revision, interpretation and completion
- Optimisation of risk/reward balance
- Performs risk assessment and provides appropriate advice to the Sales team and Leadership team
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates commercial contracts and documents for major business prospects
- Leads the dissemination of agreements and contract close-down/exit activities
- Ensures timely Gate 0 - Gate 2 processes and milestone achievement with Commercial, Sales and Services
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ideally degree educated with relevant Commercial/industry experience
- Experienced in reviewing and producing complex contractual agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to balance risk with returns, as well as reviewing and producing high value contracts
- Experience to include some PowerGen, Oil and Gas contract negotiation
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively
- Ability to develop strategic plans
- Strong track record of working collaboratively to build and maintain customer/client relationships
- Ability to work independently within the larger team
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook and web-browsers
- Proficient in project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar
What We Offer
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies
- On site restaurant offering subsidized food
- Pension Scheme up to 8% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.