Through our Energy & Equipment division, Meggitt holds strong niche positions in energy, non-aerospace military and industrial equipment.
Expertise in this division ranges from heat exchangers used in off-shore gas processing to the design and manufacture of dynamic instrumentation for vibration, shock and pressure measurements. Our heat exchanger technology has not only enabled our customers to save weight, space, and money, but offer higher duties, smaller sizes, and greater integrity over conventional heat exchangers. We are a leading supplier of small-frame gas turbine actuation systems and fuel metering valves for the oil and gas and power generation sectors.
Our Defense Systems product group includes a wealth of expertise with products ranging from airborne decoy deployment systems to projectile tracking technology is another of our specialities. We produce tiny radar systems that are installed on drone aircraft to track incoming missiles or bullets, reassuring aircrew and missile manufacturers that their weapons are working as advertised.
We've created a brand new position at our market-leading Heatric Business. The Learning & Development Manager will work strategically with our Leadership team to ensure Academy programmes align with business growth strategy. In this role you will develop, implement and evaluate training plans and materials to increase Heatric's capabilities, aligning with group programmes to support a High Performance Culture across the business.
As the role is newly created, you will have a blank canvas to implement new ideas whilst having the support of the group to add real value.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Creating the architecture and components of the Heatric Academy
- Identifying Heatric-specific needs regarding training, ensuring appropriate development of content
- Utilising the existing Meggitt development programmes to develop all staff, within the group framework
- Setting up and delivering capability using resources from within business, Group and external sources
- Ensuring alignment with Group policies and direction to support Heatric business needs and succession requirements
- Launching and engaging with business, gaining momentum and support
- Ongoing operation of Academy, ensuring delivery in relation to talent development and training, as well as analysis of success/reports/KPIs
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically, developing plans to aid business growth
- Skilled in delivering training programmes and evaluating success of content, leading to enhancements where appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong prioritization and decision making skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
What We Offer
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies and the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- On site restaurant offering subsidized food
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.