Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence. Summary
Meggitt Fuel Systems & Composites have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Manufacturing Engineer with a background in composites materials to join the team at our Shepshed site. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to work on:
- Developing composite processing techniques and engineering assembly strategies to enable the manufacture of specialised advanced aerospace composite parts for use in a range aerospace applications.
- Improving manufacturing processes in line with a Zero Defects philosophy.
- Ownership of material governance on site with an emphasis on re-life and batch release.
- Using a data based approach to problem solving within the manufacturing environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge and appreciation of composite materials processing methods such as in and out of autoclave pre-preg systems and RTM, along with knowledge of core processing techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant composite material testing are required to control the material re-life and batch release processes.
- Creation of concise work instructions for end-to-end composite component manufacture (Laminating through to Assembly and Paint) to support a "Right first time" philosophy.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement activities to reduce waste.
- Experience in working with an ERP system to create and maintain BoMs and Routings.
- Comprehensive understanding of a range of problem solving techniques such as (but not limited to) 8D and 5 Whys.
- Experience in identifying and specifying tooling requirements for moulding and assembly processes and the ability to accept and approve tooling for production use.
- Experience in the conducting of PFMEAs and implementation of control plans across a range of different product lines.
- Engineering project management mindset with particular reference to NPI activities as well as being the technical point of contact for external customers.
- Knowledge of composites is essential.
- Academic qualifications to HNC level within a relative engineering subject/ accredited Engineering Apprenticeship. Suitable industrial experience will also be considered.
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills.
- A self-starter, with a proven ability for working with minimal supervision and taking ownership of driving activities through to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills that allow the ability to work as part of the wider operations team.
What We Offer
- Ability to champion 6S activities, including a definition of the optimum cell layout to improve process flow.
- Able to use CATIA (or similar 3D package) to interrogate 3D models.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive offer package will include:
- Flexible working policies or the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing.
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services.
- Income Protection.
- Employee Resource Groups.
- Volunteering day off.
- On site restaurant offering subsidised food.
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-IB1