Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence. Role Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Program Manager to join our team based in Stevenage. In this role, you will support on leading the Project Management team while driving the successful execution and implementation of projects, with ongoing development from the business unit. You'll plan organise and manage all activities necessary to ensure the successful completion of assigned project within established objectives whilst oversees project life cycle and ensures results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, scheduling and cost.
You'll also manage multiple internal stakeholders (including Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Quality functions, etc.) to scope, coordinate, track and deliver legacy product manufacture, product development, NPI and operational improvement projects for our aerospace facility. Core Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Drive progress across multiple products in manufacture and engineering environments.
- Plan, track and deliver on time, on quality and in budget.
- Ensure that we deliver to customer satisfaction.
- Be the primary point of contact for allocated customers, internal and external.
- Ensure full adherence to business processes and procedures.
- Provide inputs to regular Project/Programme reviews and other relevant business reviews and in line with the business lifecycle management process.
- Maintain Key Performance Metrics and Order Book status with allocated customers usually with associated routine meeting attendance.
To be successful in this role you'll have a proven track record of delivering results as part of a structured and planned process, you'll have experience in projects or program management, innovative problem solving and excellent organizational skills.
You'll also need:
What We Offer
- Background and qualifications in an Engineering, Scientific or other relevant aerospace subjects.
- Must have good knowledge of managing projects and people, both locally and remotely, on a day-to-day basis.
- APM, Prince2 or similar qualification would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of delivering a project.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation.
- Good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the business.
- Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions.
- Demonstrated 'Lead by example' behaviour, casting the right shadow.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive offer package will include:
- Flexible working policies or the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing.
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services.
- Income Protection.
- Employee Resource Groups.
- Volunteering day off.
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-IB1