Join us as a Test Manager with SITA
(Aldershot, Hybrid, 6 months FTC, Full-time)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build, and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe.
The Role of a Test Manager
As the Test Manager, you will be tasked with defining, managing and delivering the overall test strategy for specific projects and products within the Border Management portfolio. The successful candidate will manage the different phases of testing including plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and auditability.
Reporting to the Senior Test Manager, you will be a part of the Product Development/Engineering and Integration team with the following key responsibilities:
- Creates, maintains and obtains stakeholder approval of the test strategy. Executes approved strategy and associated test plans within agreed timelines and to budget.
- Champions appropriate standards, ensuring continual developments of end-to-end process for all quality areas to include: software development life cycle, QA work product deliverables, product templates and escalation processes.
- Drives automation effort for project / product
- Liaises with performance COE and security team as required on projects to ensure all non-functional test aspects of project are covered
- Leads, mentors and coaches a group of less experienced resources ensuring they have the skills and knowledge in order to perform their roles.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
- Manages stakeholder's expectations with regards to the testing timelines and deliverables
- Manage offshore testing efforts ensuring efficient and cost effective testing is performed
- Ensure adherence to SITA processes and provide support to internal and external ISO 9001 audits
- Engage with customers to define and manage UAT efforts
- Be the SME for assigned portfolio(s) of work
- University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
- ISTQB Advanced level qualification or recognised country-specific qualification desirable
- Experience of managing testing teams or companies
- Experience of travel domain an advantage (Desirable)
- Formal project management training (Desirable)