Job title: Work Package Manager or Project Manager
Start Date: Pending clearance - TBC
Contract Duration: 12ms from start date
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Rate : £525 per day depending on experience
Work Package Manager / Project Manager
Our client pride ourselves on being one of the world’s leading consultancies, and that is built from having the very best people striving to work to their fullest potential. People are our priority, and we are looking for enthusiastic, inclusive, and committed individuals to join our expanding team, either as contractors or permanent staff members.
We are looking to attract experienced candidates with a proven delivery and consulting background with an emphasis on Work Package / Project Management within IT, Cyber and/or the telecoms environments.
The successful candidates will have been engaged in client-side delivery management and consulting roles for various aspects of the business lifecycle, with at least 2 years work experience gained in either a private or public-sector organisation or consultancy.
We have Work Package Manager and Project Manager positions available within our client as part of the continued growth of our Project Delivery Service. The roles are suitable for candidates who have a background in either Agile Project Management, or more traditional waterfall experience. Successful candidates will primarily work as a client facing member of a project team, leading your own work package(s) or Agile Delivery Teams.
Skills and experience:
- A proven and successful background in stage and project management. With a broad range of management and project management skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of at least one relevant business sector. May be a noted expert in an industry sector or specific functional area.
- APMP or Prince2 qualified.
- Strong in finance management with a proven track record of managing project budgets and expenditure. Ability to report on financial data would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of working on projects and assignments within multi-discipline teams, with evidence of responsibility to deliver in time pressured and complex technical or intense stakeholder environments.
- Experience and delivery of the processes and products involved in successful project planning and implementation.
- Problem identification, report writing and recommending actions to inform the project lifecycle.
- Commercial skills with a proven understanding of supplier management and procurement knowledge would be advantageous.
- Experienced in building and maintaining strong client relationships as will be often embedded in the client’s delivery teams.
As an individual
We are looking for an insightful, professional with a flair for delivery. Someone that is comfortable to with a range of stakeholders at any one time, someone who is articulate and communicates well with all stakeholders. The right candidate will have the ability to juggle a range of parallel tasks, whilst remaining professional and amenable.
The right candidate will also be:
- A self-motivated and confident.
- Encourages collaboration within client.
- Has a wealth of delivery experience as a work package or project manager.
- Someone who demonstrates how to be influential, assertive and diplomatic.
- Does not accept things at face value but is analytical with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator, verbal (ability to listen) and written (able to write concisely) including the production of technical documents.
- Focussed on outcomes and can stand up to pressure from stakeholders.
- Commercially aware.