Are you a subject matter expert with SDN?
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop our new Software Defined Networking (SDN) service. The successful candidate will lead a newly formed team responsible for the Software Defined Networking (SDN) service across our estate for our diverse MoD customer. You will have experience in maintaining enterprise level networking utilizing Cisco related products and in particular Cisco’s Applications Centric Infrastructure (ACI), previous experience in leading a small team is beneficial but not essential.
As the Technical Team Leader you will be responsible for ensuring that connectivity operations within the ACI environment adhere to the organization SLA’s and OLA’s, you will help develop the team maximizing the efficiency of the technology.
As this is a new role you will be expected to shape the service going forward, you will be proactive across the full range of networking capabilities working with other teams to deliver service efficiencies through the development of automation and workflows.
You will be an inspiring team leader shaping your team’s development and direction in line with emerging technologies. You will also be expected to provide advice and guidance to project implementation teams and take part in IT Development and Deployment Operations utilizing Agile Processes.
- Technical Team Leadership of the ACI Team
- Subject Matter Expert for the ACI technology
- Deliver service efficiencies through automation
- Ensure the team responds to faults in line with service SLA’s and OLA’s
- Undertake investigations into network faults, security and performance issues
- Liaise with Third Party service providers for provision and maintenance
- Produce and maintain ACI documentation
- Resource and provide support to Project implementation utilising Agile methodology
- Provide guidance and development of the ACI team members
- Develop and maintain ACI monitoring and reporting
- A CCNP accreditation in a relevant area
- In depth working knowledge of ACI
- Good level of knowledge and experience using Cisco technologies
- Ability to analyze faults, identify cause and rectify without guidance
- Proactive nature with a thirst to develop and improve the service
- Experience in producing reports and maintaining document sets
- Understanding that you will have to achieve DV Security Clearance
- Experience in leading a small team
- An understanding of coding such as Python
- Experience in network tooling such as Cisco Prime, Ops View (or similar)
- Working knowledge in support of Cisco Unified Communication applications and devices
- Working knowledge in support of Cisco Wireless networking applications and devices
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury or Portsmouth – Hybrid working
Security Clearance Level: Must be eligible for SV and DV Clearance
Internal Recruiter: Josh Huggins-Smith
Salary: £55,000 to £70,000
Benefits: £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can promote work/life balance, increase your motivation, reduce stress and improve performance and productivity. We support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions to Central Government clients. The work we do makes a real difference to the client’s goal of National Security, and we operate in a unique and privileged environment. We are given time for professional development activities, and we coach and mentor our colleagues, sharing knowledge and learning from each other. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported and have pride in their work for the customer, delivering outstanding rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
Our technical specialists deploy systems running many of the major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and multiple Linux distros. We also provide Messaging and Collaboration systems and support, Application packaging and deployment, along with supporting Infrastructure and Cloud services and support. Our time can be split between our services and project work, so we have the chance to be multi-disciplined and access to a range of technologies.