Are you a Tester looking for a new challenge?
There is an opening for a Technical Test Engineer working on a major client site to be a member of a test team delivering test services to a large and diverse portfolio of infrastructure and applications projects across multiple classifications and sites. You as a Technical Test Engineer will carry out testing activities as part of the test service, you will contribute to the test service by helping to develop Strategies, creating Test Estimates, Approaches and Definition Documents, executing Test Scripts, Evaluating and Reporting of the results and managing all defects. The role will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of Agile / Dev-Ops testing services (inc automation).
- Delivery of test services in accordance with mandated standards and established Test Strategies to include traditional waterfall AND Agile / Dev-Ops
- To provide expertise and knowledge in the delivery of manual infrastructure and applications testing in a waterfall environment
- To provide expertise and knowledge to build and maintain a Dev-ops / Agile test capability / frameworks
- To provide expertise and knowledge to build and maintain a Test automation capability
- To set up and manage test environments and data
- To create comprehensive acceptance tests aligned to the acceptance criteria and to provide assurance that all acceptance criteria are met, using a variety of testing methods
- To document and verify test results
- Raising, recording and testing of defects
- To produce Test Reports and contribute to overall reporting cycles
- Reporting progress and issues in a timely manner - In particular, to relay issues/risks that might affect quality or the ability to complete tests according to plan and to proactively seek solutions
- To maintain and develop knowledge, skills and competencies in test automation and tooling
- Experience and knowledge of Manual AND automated testing process, techniques and their application, Waterfall / V-model, Agile / Dev- Ops (eg SAFe)
- Experience and knowledge of building and maintaining Test Frameworks in an Agile / Dev-Ops environment
- Experience and knowledge of building and maintaining a Test Automation capabilities to include necessary tools and scripting languages, for example (Azure dev-ops, jenkins, bit-bucket, puppet, jira, selenium, git)
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of testing infrastructure and applications projects, manually and automated in a Software Defined network
- Automated testing (Creation and maintenance of automated frameworks | Automation Scripting | Automation test tools | Creation of automated test artefacts for the testing of applications and infrastructure | Execution of automated testing activities | Evaluation and Reporting of test results)
- Manual IT Infrastructure testing, Consisting of Windows / Linux , both Virtual and physical | Clients (win 2010(+) & Centos 7(+)) | servers (win2012R2– 2019)
DESIRABLE (NICE TO HAVE)
- ISEB or ISTQB accreditation, Intermediate (Advanced) or higher
- Performance, Volume, load and Stress Testing
- Knowledge of Security / penetration testing (CEH)
- ITIL 4 or equivalent
- Demonstrable SharePoint knowledge
- MCSE / MCSA (relevant MCPs) certified
- PRINCE 2 Foundation or equivalent.
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury – This role is a remote friendly job however you must be commutable to our client site
Security Clearance Level: Must be eligible for Security Clearance and DV clearance
Internal Recruiter: Josh Huggins-Smith
Salary: £45,000 to £58,000
Benefits: £5,400 car allowance, medical cover, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can promote work/life balance, increase your motivation, reduce stress and improve performance and productivity. We support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions to Central Government clients. The work we do makes a real difference to the client’s goal of National Security, and we operate in a unique and privileged environment. We are given time for professional development activities, and we coach and mentor our colleagues, sharing knowledge and learning from each other. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported and have pride in their work for the customer, delivering outstanding rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
Our technical specialists deploy systems running many of the major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and multiple Linux distros. We also provide Messaging and Collaboration systems and support, Application packaging and deployment, along with supporting Infrastructure and Cloud services and support. Our time can be split between our services and project work, so we have the chance to be multi-disciplined and access to a range of technologies.t be possible.