Are you a Security Professional looking for a new challenge?
The Day Job:
A unique and exciting opportunity for a Senior Solutions Architect whose experience aligns closely with security architecture. You will be working on one of the largest and most comprehensive IT sites in the UK and will be the end-to-end owner of a solution from feasibility to delivery. Part of your responsibility will be to ensure the solution has continuity from an architectural and design perspective as well as driving the architectural direction throughout the delivery lifecycle.
This position highlights particular importance on RMADS experience however if you are interested but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we are looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
- Provide a customer concern point for design related issues within projects.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Identify, communicate and handle Information Assurance risks.
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate risks in liaison with Solution Leads.
- Build solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or improvements.
- Definition of security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies.
You need to have:
- Good social skills with diverse audiences - strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrable ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- The ability to be the security authority who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background
- Strong Security Engineering background working with an Engineering team to ensure compliance
- Experience of integrating audit data with SIEM systems (e.g. Splunk ES, Huntsman)
- Knowledge of JSP 440, SPF HMG InfoSec Standards 1 & 2 and other NTA Security Standards
It would be great if you had:
- Designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions, working with an information security team.
- RMADS exp
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security standard methodologies and implementation of security principles across the project to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury – This role is a remote friendly job however you must be commutable to our client site
Security Clearance Level: Must be eligible for Security Clearance and DV clearance
Internal Recruiter: Josh Huggins-Smith
Benefits: £5,400, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can promote work/life balance, increase your motivation, reduce stress and improve performance and productivity. We support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions to Central Government clients. The work we do makes a real difference to the client’s goal of National Security, and we operate in a unique and privileged environment. We are given time for professional development activities, and we coach and mentor our colleagues, sharing knowledge and learning from each other. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported and have pride in their work for the customer, delivering outstanding rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
Our technical specialists deploy systems running many of the major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and multiple Linux distros. We also provide Messaging and Collaboration systems and support, Application packaging and deployment, along with supporting Infrastructure and Cloud services and support. Our time can be split between our services and project work, so we have the chance to be multi-disciplined and access to a range of technologies.