Project Planner Location:
Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ Compensation:
£42,000 + Benefits Role Type:
Full time / Permanent Job ID
An exciting opportunity for someone with Primavera P6 experience and experience proactively working with stakeholders to plan and analysis integrated project plans to join Babcock International Group. The role will be working in a small team deployed in our client organisation, the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), part of the Ministry of Defence at MOD Abbey Wood Bristol. Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with project planning background or project management background with Primavera P6 experience. They must be proactive, diligent and driven with a logical and analytical approach to work. You will enjoy solving problems and are comfortable managing and analysing complex data. We are looking for someone professional with strong communication and stakeholder management skills that willing engages stakeholder to deliver outputs.
As a key member of the SDA Project Management Office, you will be working directly in the heart of the UK Submarine Enterprise. You will be providing strategic analysis and portfolio planning across the submarine enterprise. What will you be doing?
The experience you'll bring
- Developing strategic plans on Primavera P6 and providing associated analysis
- Conduct programme analysis to provide specialist support and advice through data harvesting and analysis, using specialist project planning software.
- Support risk analysis and to process risk characterisation studies
- Contribute to process improvements within the concept, assessment, design and operational lifecycles of submarines and their supporting of MOD programmes and projects.
- Apply engineering and project management domain knowledge towards producing strategic technical options for delivery of products and services.
- Developing reports and presentations on programme analysis to senior client stakeholders
- Skills and preferably experience with Primavera P6
- Significant defence background and ideally submarine experience
- Engineering or Project/Programme Management Qualification (Degree preferable)
- Programme management or business planning experience
- Risk/Assumption Management
- Experienced with data analysis and supporting tools
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This requires you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance. What a role with Babcock offers?
About Babcock International
- Enhanced employment terms and conditions
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Occupational health services
- Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
- WFH dependant on the classification of the work you are carrying out
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more. Application Guidance:
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 07/01/2022
Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology