Job Title: Project Risk Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
(with remote working) Compensation: £60,000 - £65,000
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF35325
Here at Babcock, we are currently seeking a highly motivated Risk Manager to develop current Risk Management Practices and Processes into Industry leading Best Practices. This will involve close collaboration with our internal and external customers and the Central Governance teams to better develop the Risk Management skill base of our people.
The successful candidate will also be part of an exciting transformation across our project management and project controls function, driving world class project delivery performance. Professional development and career opportunities will be available across the broad spectrum of Project Management and Project Controls disciplines, with excellent prospects for personal growth available across the Babcock Nuclear business.
We are proud to be the UK's leading submarine support provider. We are entrusted with the upkeep and deep maintenance of our Nation's submarines, which have been compared to the space shuttle in terms of complexity and are one of the most challenging engineering projects undertaken in the UK. Who we are looking for?
You will be able to demonstrate expertise in Risk Management, with the ability to negotiate and extract relevant information with Project Managers
Submarine experience is highly desirable, although not essential - with experience in other industries where complex and often highly regulated work is undertaken, also considered (i.e. Defence, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Construction, Civils') What will you be doing?
The experience you'll bring
- To provide support during the planning and execution phases of our Submarine Maintenance Projects to make recommendations to the Project Manager(s)/MoD Project Contract Manager(s) for all aspects of Project Risk Management and the Project Risk Management process.
- To make recommendations to the Project Manager(s)/MoD Project Contract Manager(s) regarding the development, maintenance and control of the Risk Register.
- To undertake probabilistic schedule and cost risk analysis, providing results and reports for inclusion in the Tenders and throughout the project lifecycle.
- To conduct risk interviews and workshops with key stakeholders, including subcontractors to capture risk information.
- Lead and motivate a team of risk professionals
• Demonstrable Risk Management Expertise in a similar role
• Experience with Risk Management software is desirable (e.g. Primavera or 'At Risk')
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Knowledge of Submarine Systems and refitting practices, or Marine/Nuclear Industry practices would be an advantage
• APM qualification or equivalent is highly desirable
• You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance. What a role with Babcock offers?
• Enhanced employment terms and conditions
• Money purchase pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Share ownership scheme
• Occupational health services
• Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
• Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
• Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme. Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more. Application Guidance:
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Engineer, Manager, Nuclear Engineering, Project Manager, Engineering, Management, Technology