Job Title: Cost Engineers
Location: Newbury, GB, RG14 2PZ (with remote working)
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: 40692
Here at Cavendish Nuclear, we are recruiting for multiple Cost Engineers, to be responsible for providing project controls support across schedule management, budgeting & cost control, risk & opportunity management, change management and document management.
This is an opportunity to help shape a major project of work in its early stages, and become an essential member of the PMO team throughout delivery. Cavendish Nuclear are tasked with the design and manufacture of a new facility for a major client in the Nuclear sector.
Who we are looking for?
We are a seeking an experienced project controls and cost engineering professional, who has the ability to define project controls, track complex costs, manage reporting and project governance.
Ideally you will have gained this experience in the Nuclear industry, or another highly-regulated sector, such as Defence, Oil & Gas or Civil Engineering.
What will you be doing?
• Lead on provision of resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
• Maintain project Estimates At Completion (EAC) and Estimates to Completion (ETC) and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
• Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets including Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
• Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule (Level 1-3)
• Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
• Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements.
• Provision of weekly and monthly performance reports and associated analysis/narrative.
• Assist in the management of sub-projects/key project issues
The experience you'll bring
• Experienced within a similar Project Control, Cost Control, Cost Engineering role
• Ideally experienced within the Nuclear or similar highly-regulated industry sector
• Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3, NEC4/JCT)
• Relevant Project Management qualifications (APM) are desirable, although not essential
• Be prepared to travel when required - although mostly remote / Newbury based
• You must be eligible to achieve the relevant security clearance
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
• Share ownership scheme
• Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
• A tailored personal development and training programme.
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Job Segment: Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Document Management, Civil Engineer, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology