Join us as a Specialist PMO with Aegon
(Essex, Peterborough or Edinburgh – Full-time, 12 months assignment with the view to go permanent)
Aegon started life as Scottish Equitable. Aegon have focused on helping people take responsibility for their financial future since 1831 when Scottish Equitable was founded in Edinburgh.
Today we’re part of Aegon NV, an international provider of life insurance, pensions and asset management, with businesses in over 20 countries around the world.
We provide retirement, workplace savings and protection solutions to over 3.9 million customers in the UK, helping them create the tomorrow they want.
Over the years, we’ve evolved our brand. We’ve combined our strong UK heritage with Aegon’s global strength, while staying steadfastly committed to our original purpose; to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security.
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance, and other private sector organisations.
We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
The PMO specialist will be embedded in Aegon's biggest state program and strategy team. The team follows Aegon's wide change governance framework and is responsible for managing technical architecture behind Aegon's customer facing platforms.
We are looking for a planning and reporting focussed PMO to join the team to help deliver new functionalities across the company, creating value and growth.
The successful individual will provide key Management Information to Senior Managers and Exec members while also providing governance and support to project Delivery. This role will deliver portfolio, project, and programme support to the DS Change portfolio:
- Support project managers in ensuring that budgets, risks, issues, and changes are managed effectively.
- Provide exception reporting for projects and act with Project Managers to resolve.
- Support compliance to agreed methodology. Ensure all projects comply with methodology. Monitor progress through stage gates and pre-empt the need for non-conformances.
- Work with colleagues to capture and report the data required by management.
- Analyse the data captured and champion recommendations to resolve issues and minimise risks to the delivery of IT & Change services.
- Deliver quality information on the status, risks and issues associated with projects and portfolios to the relevant management groups, ensuring actions from the meetings are captured and progress against them is communicated.
- Data driven and excellent planner (Excel, JIRA, Power BI)
- In depth knowledge of PMO functions, Project Management principles, methods, techniques, and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation e.g. PRINCE II
- Good understanding of Programme and Project Support demonstrating knowledge of management of programme/project risks, change control, business case, etc.
- Good use of project management tools to manage project activity/resourcing
- Good understanding of IT & Change structure and strategy, and how this may impact on project/programme delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering PMO functions and services.
- Experience in delivering a process change.
- Experience of using Portfolio Management tools.
- Understanding and use of Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Excel & Power BI (Advanced level)
- Advanced user of JIRA
- Excellent Analytical skills
- MS Project skills