There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
In this role you will maintain and support the nation’s defences. It is quite a unique position, as you have an opportunity to work closely with the customer to directly use the power of communication to help make a better world: for each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
You will be proactively monitoring and supporting bespoke managed IP Services at the Primary Network Control Centre (PNCC). This will mainly consist of the management of secure, complex national and international IP data networks.
You will join a small team of multi skilled specialists, responsible for the end to end delivery of customer DFTS service on secure and non-secure services contracts, maintaining a flexible and pro-active approach to all aspects of work, whilst using initiative to resolve day to day issues to both the clients’ and BT’s satisfaction
You'll have the following responsibilities
• 2nd and 3rd line support for a secure boundary protection service, providing access into various cloud services.
• Provisioning of services, enquiries, fault diagnosis / resolution, problem management and order / change implementation.
• You will work proactively and deal with complex current and potential issues on customer networks.
• Providing technical guidance to a team of technical professionals in a high pressure, customer facing network environment.
• Working with the Technical Design Leads and Cyber Technical Manager to ensure considered integration and implementation of new solutions to any of the services supported.
• To follow and upkeep strategy, policy and direction from an operational perspective that the uptime, performance, resources and security of all platform technologies and personnel, meet the strictest security policies of the Managed Service and operate within the set budgets.
• Proactively monitoring systems and incident management to react in a timely manner to requests and changes.
• Ensure functionality and security routines are carried out to meet contractual obligations.
• There is a potential future requirement to work on call in future, around business needs.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• A very good understanding of Cloud networking.
• A good understanding of IP data networks, including WAN protocols and technologies
• A good understanding of firewall configuration and support, ideally Palo Alto.
• Scripting experience
• You should be at JNCIA JunOS or equivalent
We know that the perfect candidate doesn’t always exist, so if you are passionate about technology, and have a keen willingness to learn alongside experience within Cloud Networking/Support or Technical Support, we’d love to hear from you, as further technical training can be provided.
This is an office-based role in Chippenham and due to the nature of the work, cannot be complete remotely. There may also be a requirement to work from our Corsham office.
Please note that it is a mandatory requirement to have Security Clearance to Developed Vetting level for this role, a prerequisite of which is to have lived in the UK for at least the last 10 years.
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
- Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
- World-class training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
- Share option and pension scheme programmes
- Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!