Voted by staff and customers as one of the best places to work in the UK and a Top 100 employer; our client is a global Tier 1 consultancy involved in leading cutting edge Public Sector and Government projects throughout the UK. We are looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer to join their successful, stable, and growing team. This can be working from home.
The Company considers employees as highly valued members of the business and offer an extensive benefits package plus fantastic progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national, or global scale.
AWS Cloud Engineer
Working from home with expensed travel to client sites as required
£65-75K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the secure nature of this work all applicants will be required to gain UK Security Clearance to at least SC level. You must have been resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years and cannot have been outside the UK for more than 28 days on any one occasion within this time.
To be successful in this role:
You will be a confident AWS Cloud Engineer with experience of public cloud architectures and migration strategies. You will have a good understanding of the different factors which influence or inhibit Cloud adoption and will be able to guide clients to make the right choices.
- Have a strong desire and ability to pick up and learn new tools quickly and keep your knowledge current
- At least 3 years AWS experience required and at least 5 years working in an IT technical role
- AWS certifications highly desirable, but not essential
- Detailed understanding of AWS IaaS & PaaS capabilities, features and services and/or a detailed understanding of typical cloud-native architectures
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment, supporting developers CI/CD pipelines and IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation etc
- Experience of AWS management tools and key services, such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Route 53, Lambda, VPCs etc
- Awareness of different application architectures and how different cloud architectures may or may not support them
- You will be comfortable presenting solutions both in written documents and workshop situations, leading and facilitating discussions around public cloud solutions at a high level
- Excellent client and stakeholder management skills
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python and NodeJS would be useful
- Understanding of other public clouds such as Azure and GCP a bonus
- Experience designing and deploying solutions using RedHat OpenShift
The role may require frequent travel to other client sites and other company offices as necessary.
Our client is looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer to deliver Cloud Advisory services across multiple clients in the UK. This role can be working from home.
Job role and responsibilities:
Consultants deliver public cloud focused consulting services, providing a mix of design and hands-on implementation. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Contribute specialist Public Cloud and Infrastructure Architecture knowledge and experience
- Deliver client engagements, designing and building/implementing Cloud Architectures and migration projects
- Lead the design and/or deployment of cost effective Cloud solutions for either stand-alone engagements or as part of larger programme
- Work as part of an inhouse team, or embedded in a client team, transferring your knowledge to colleagues or clients as required
- Support the development of solutions for an opportunity, bid or project as required when not working on assignment
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme. This AWS Cloud Engineer role is also working from home.