Simulation Hardware Engineer
Southampton, Bristol and Remote working
Simulation Hardware Engineer required on an initial 6-month contract, providing technical services in to the Defence & Security sector (MoD). This role will require someone who has or is willing / meets the criteria to hit SC Level Security Clearance.
- Rate: Up to £900 per day OUTSIDE of IR35
- Duration: 6 months +
- Location: Both Portsmouth and Bristol meetings may be required weekly, with work from home options at other times
The Simulation Hardware Engineer will be the first point of contact for the team, providing HW support and HW Engineering expertise this task initially but be prepared to support other simulation projects.
The role will provide support to the team during system design and integration for of all system components covering desktop assets, visual display system, simulation hardware, peripheral devices and servers.
The Simulation Hardware Engineer will:
- Plan and conduct HW engineering tasks requiring judgement in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of system HW designs to meet the agreed requirements.
- Be part of a team doing a major part of the simulation system engineering and integration work on a large project and to co-ordinate allocated resources.
- Control multi-disciplinary systems integration (“System of Systems”)
- Perform customer requirement analysis and providing technical solutions
- Contribute to project meetings and to deliver detailed technical and progress reports
- Managing sub-contractors providing H/W or other systems
- To support the smooth running of the various IT systems within the Selborne installation.
- Proactively seek out any areas for improvement and make recommendations.
- Respond to technical problems in a timely manner and escalate when required.
- To prepare and maintain appropriate documentation of tasks associated with the operation of the Selborne IT System.
- Liaise with support contract suppliers regarding hardware / software / integration problems.
- Ensure the company meets all its IT security obligations
- Setup and maintain a build configuration record, tracking/recording hardware changes in/to the system design, maintaining an as built record.
- Continually attain satisfactory compliance with Quality, Safety, Security and HSE requirements.
Required skills & experience
- HW engineering experience (commercial, v-model)
- Configuration Management
- Experience of designing and modernising traditional networking and server architectures
- Proficient in customer requirement analysis
- Competent in problem solving and analytical techniques in a methodical and logical manner
- Experience in network design and configuration
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Ability to diagnose and solve hardware/software faults, escalating when necessary
- Experience of VMware vSphere administration
- Facility requirements definition
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate ideas and plans clearly to personnel at all levels within the organisation
- Working Tools – Visio, MS Office
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience of working in a lead role on system / software integration projects.
- Experience with simulation and training systems
- Experience of Simulation / networked gaming integration
- Commercial/large project delivery
- Safety & security accreditations
- An understanding of Windows Group Policy Objects
- Virtualisation, containers & VDI
- Experience of security accreditation of systems or networks
- Working Tools – Full IBM ELM Suite comprising Rhapsody, DOORs, RQM & RTC
- ISO Standards - ISO25010 (Architecture), ISO15288 (Systems)
- RCTA/DO Standards (Safety) - DO178C, DO-330
- ISO 9001/TickIT
- DEF STAN's
- DO178B/DEF STAN 00-55/56/IEC61508
If you are the Simulation Engineer that we are after then please apply via the link or contact me directly via LinkedIn or our Richmond Square Consulting Ltd website.
Richmond Square Consulting Ltd
Alternative job titles: Simulation Engineer, Software Simulation Engineer, Simulation Software Engineer