Data Scientists shall perform (but not be limited to) the following tasks:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an enabling data science capability at HQ SACT and for the NATO Enterprise.
- Support execution and implementation of identified analytic opportunities for data analytics, data science and AI within HQ SACT.
- Contribute to development of advanced Data Science products in form of Minimum Viable Products (MVP), in particular in support of the ACT Innovation Branch.
- Provide subject matter expertise to (military and civilian) staff, support ORS and CPP development, and develop proofs of concept.
- Collaborate with international civilian and military staff officers, and data science and software development teams.
- Support training and training development to increase data literacy
Experience and qualification
- Experience with data science and data science best practice, in particular applied mathematics and statistics.
- Experience in modern software architecture and software development related to data science, analytics and data integration, e.g. Python, SQL, R, KNMIE.
- Experience with machine learning and AI frameworks, using e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, or other modern machine learning frameworks.
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems and standards.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and architectures.
- Experience visualizing data and producing high quality graphs and reports, charts and interactive dashboards.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or MS Power BI.
- Experience working with open source and publicly available data.
- Experience with data interoperability and metadata standards (NCDF, STANAGs).
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience in providing training in various areas related to data science, analytics, and AI at different technical levels.
- Experience with all steps of the data science lifecycle to include delivering data products to customers.
- Experienced ‘data storyteller’, i.e. communicate efficiently across a diverse audience such as the NATO organization
- Portfolio of demonstrable products available via GitLab, or other platforms
- Experience working on a NATO or military (preferably multi-national) staff
- Deep understanding of the NATO organization and its functions
- Knowledge and understanding of warfighting and principles of warfare
- Knowledge of requirements capture and capability development, in particular in a military context
- Experience in project management
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, with excellent briefing skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Active NATO or National SECRET (or higher) security clearance at the time of application
- University degree in Data Science/Data Analytics or a related discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Software Engineering OR four years minimum professional experience in the area of Data Science, including providing analysis and advice in the field of data science, within the last five years.