Senior Electrical & Electronic Design Engineer x2
Based from Bristol, Plymouth or Rosyth
£41,658 - £54,320 dependent on experience and location
Would you like to join a growing multi-disciplinary team within the Electrical Engineering Group (EEG) within Babcock Energy & Marine?
We currently have several vacancies for Senior Electrical & Electronic Design Engineers at our sites in Plymouth, Bristol and Rosyth.
As a Senior Electrical & Electronic Design Engineer, you will have the support of a large team of likeminded Electrical and Electronic Engineers to give support to, and to learn and give support from; sharing best practice and enabling you to grow within your profession About the role
This role will provide you with the opportunity to deliver complex electrical/electronic solutions within an exciting, interesting team environment. Each week will provide you with new challenges that will test your skills and knowledge.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Electrical and Electronic Design Engineer will involve:
- Responsible for Electrical/Electronic aspects of marine system design
- Integrating practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions within not only the same disciplines but also defining the interfaces with others constructively and mechanically
- Producing technical requirements at product and sub-system levels
- Developing Electrical/Electronic engineering design solutions for a variety of different platforms across the full Engineering Lifecycle. This will include substantiating the integrity and performance of new system designs within their operating environments
- Provide electrical & electronic design support by preparing and checking design documentation, reviews, estimates and schedules in support of tender responses requiring design input. Supervising, planning and controlling work to time, cost and quality
- Provide a level of governance and assurance to ensure that the design meets the customer's requirements and conforms to the latest appropriate standards
This will be a fantastic opportunity to join a team of like-minded Engineers and support on our high profile projects. As well as working for the UK's leading naval support business, we will also provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you would expect from a global company. What we are looking for in you:
You will have strong commitment, drive and self-motivation with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal allowing you to integrate and converse with a diverse team of engineers. You will have the ability to challenge others effectively, technically lead others by example, and manage both short and long-term engineering objectives. Your skills and qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level, or HNC/HND equivalent, coupled with significant experience in the relevant engineering discipline
- Ideally, you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g. RINA, IET, IMechE, IMarEst etc.) and hold or working towards Chartered or Incorporated status or you will have significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level
- You will have a high level of developed knowledge, as the role is directly accountable for design development, and determining solutions to problems and issues within the specialist subject area. The ideal candidate will be at a Senior Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer level with significant experience in engineering calculation, analysis and integration with an in-depth understanding of system electrical design, and skilled in supporting and developing less experienced team members
- It would be beneficial if you have experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects or defence related design experience but this is not essential. Electrical & Electronics experience in other industries would be considered including facilities, Oil & Gas and Aviation
- Experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment
- Proven experience of relevant industry standards
- Experience of all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control systems
Join us and the projects you will be involved in will form the backbone of the Royal Navy for decades to come. You will be part of something important; something you can be proud of. What else do I need to know?
You will work 36 hours per week Monday to Friday with flexible agile working and you must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance.
Locations: Devonport, Bristol or Rosyth
At Babcock, we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. Babcock Energy & Marine (E&M)
Energy & Marine (E&M) is a business unit within the Marine Division of Babcock International Group. E&M Engineering is a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine, system engineering, electrical engineering design and project support services to the marine and defence markets worldwide. We have vast experience in engineering, construction, concept design and through life support for a wide range of front line naval and auxiliary support vessels.
The Division is expanding rapidly with complex, high-profile defence projects including Type 31 Frigate Design & Build Programme and the Successor Programme, as well as, providing engineering services to the UK Surface Ship and Submarine fleet. Also, with ongoing additional framework agreements, infrastructure projects, export markets and research & development projects. Therefore, we are looking to grow our existing team, building on a well-established foundation of over 700 staff across the UK. We are recruiting staff in all disciplines, to join us at Bristol, Devonport or Rosyth with flexible working arrangements and UK travel to meet project requirements.
This will be a fantastic opportunity to join a team of like-minded Engineers and support on our high profile projects. As well as working for the UK's leading naval support business, we will also provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you would expect from a global company. Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential. Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you have completed this you will be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants
. Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career.
Construction, Electrical, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineering