Guidant Global are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer for a full time, 12 month contract position, based in Gloucestershire.
The Systems Engineer will be accountable for the design and systems engineering approach for the creation of a new system, and/or the upgrade of an existing system. Broad technical understanding of multiple technologies spanning but not exclusive to Infrastructure, Software and Data environments
- Design – Includes technical, business people, process, security, information and facilities aspect of the systems design.
- To ensure that there is a high-level design to cover the breadth of the system, as well as low level designs sufficient for the system to be built, compliant with Enterprise Architecture
- Create and own a Systems Engineering Management plan (SEMP) to describe the engineering approach and communicate it to stakeholders
- Successfully build the system and bringing it into service, which includes:
Definition of scope
Verification of validation (testing)
Business change and assurance (system engineering gates)
- Take a broad view of the system under development, including the system boundary, wider system of interest and emergent properties and will use this “systems thinking”, to inform the engineering approach and the trade-offs in the design. Draw together the disparate parts of the design and threads of work, and consider them as a whole.
- Work alongside the Project Manager and/or Programme Manager, which will be accountable for planning.
- A system design that is feasible, complete, and sufficient to meet the business need, it will include business, technology, people, processes, security and facilities aspects.
- An engineering approach to realise the system described by the design. The approach must be based on a tailoring of the System Development Framework (SDF), optimised to provide the best chance of delivery.
To apply for this Systems Engineer position, please apply with Guidant Global today. Our supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with the full details of the role.
Guidant Global is an equal opportunities recruiter, and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.