Join us as an IT Project Manager with BAE Systems(Warton Preston, Full-time, Permanent) About CapitaAt Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever ??? and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals. About BAE SystemsBAE Systems is one of the world???s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. If you???d like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you. From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent ??? at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life. Join us and you???ll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts. The Role of an IT Project Manager We currently have a vacancy for an experienced IT Project Manager based at our Warton site who can help shape our future Atlassian strategy and deliver the benefits of this collaboration toolset. As an IM&T Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of IM&T enabled solutions of varying complexity, working closely with the Air Sector functions to identify and shape future IT needs. This role will provide the opportunity to work in a high-profile area, offering the opportunity to influence and cultivate the way we work and playing an active role to deliver our Atlassian Projects (ranging from small configuration changes to large migrations) Typical Role Responsibilities
Ensuring delivery of IT projects to time, cost, and quality Ensuring seamless integration between projects, including transition into the support modelAccurate reporting of project status to team members, management team and key stakeholdersManaging customer, partner, and supplier relationships Effective management of RAIDDeveloping and tracking project plans, budget, and scheduleEnsuring business, project and quality management processes are effectively applied across projectsUtilize the Atlassian Toolset to manage and deliver your Projects
- Demonstrable experience in IT project / programme management
- Delivery ??? Application Projects
- Degree, or equivalent experience in an IT related discipline or Project Management
- Stakeholder management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of delivering projects utilizing various methodologies - E.G. Waterfall (Prince, PMP), Agile, ITIL.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience of IT Software Development Projects and/or Organizational Change Projects
What we???re looking for in you:
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.
- Collaboration and Strong Communication
- Work across management levels with confidence to liaise with Directors (development opportunity with visibility with Directors)
- Personable individuals ??? be part of a friendly teamAnalytical and systematic approach to problem solvingEffective and influential oral and written communications. You are innovative and able to drive improvement