Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence
We are recruiting a number of exciting Quality Engineer positions based at our state of art facility in Coventry.
These roles have responsibility for product quality from the supply chain through to the delivered parts at the customer base. The role will support the programme of product conformance is executed and improvements reported and realised.
The Quality Engineer will execute the quality strategy that is developed by the Quality leadership team within the value stream assigned.
This role supports internal and external quality processes & to act as a lead interface between Customers, Suppliers, Internal Customers by driving improvements into the business from internal data analysis, customer & supplier inputs.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Leading RCCA events following an 8D methodology
- Leading FMEA activities within the assigned value stream
- Proactively assess supplier performance - Auditing is a tool that is an option
- Driving the use of FMEA during the RCCA events to reduce risk of process variation
- Drive robust quality clinics within the assigned value stream
- Support Quality Clinics and assist in Material Review Board (MRB) dispositions.
- Leads collection of data from various data sources as an input into DLA, CAB (Corrective action board) and Management reviews.
- Management of monthly scorecards (Customer / Internal / Supplier), to ensure that the scorecard is reflects the true position
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- HNC or degree educated
- Industrial Manufacturing/Engineering background
- Detailed Quality toolkit ie) PPAP, FMEA. Control Plans
- Good understanding of problem solving tools ie) 8D, 5whys, fishbone etc
- It would be advantageous being from an Aerospace or Defence environment
- Thorough use of Lean/CI techniques
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
What We Offer
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies and the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Early finish on a Friday
- On site restaurant offering subsidized food
- Pension Scheme up to 8% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.