Join us as a Supply Chain Specialist with EDF Energy
(Remote but may be required in Barnwood)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
About EDF Energy
We want to bring affordable, low-carbon energy to everyone and to do that requires both sharp minds and smart ideas to help shape the UK’s energy future. With the development of a new nuclear power station on the horizon, our goal is to become the best and most trusted energy supplier for our customers, through a combination of trust, transparency, and teamwork.
Generating electricity is a huge responsibility, which is why we want experienced engineers to help us deliver this. From nuclear power stations to coal, gas and renewables, our work extends to the full energy mix. The roles we offer within each of those areas are every bit as diverse. At EDF Energy, we’re on a journey to change the way people use energy for generations to come. Producing low carbon energy is what we do best. And right now, our eight existing nuclear sites generate 9,000 megawatts per year through various reactors, avoiding emissions of over 40m tonnes of carbon dioxide. That’s the equivalent of taking about 60% of cars off our roads. Our thermal generation assets are our Cottam and West Burton stations. With almost 45 years of generation, our coal stations still have an important role to play – together with our new Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) and Gas Storage Plants supporting an affordable and secure supply of electricity as the UK transitions to a low carbon economy. Our plan now is to secure strategic flexibility and maximise the long-term value of thermal energy within the EDF Energy portfolio.
EDF Energy Nuclear Generation invests significant amounts of the money spent by the business on enhancements to its Nuclear Fleet to ensure safe reliable generation going forwards. This investment is supported by the supply chain project team.
As a team we place contracts and support the delivery of Circa £350M PA of investment work across the fleet.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As part of the Central Supply Chain projects team the successful individual will be responsible for providing commercial support to enable delivery of key projects for the business.
In addition to the delivery of specific projects this role will involve assisting the lead on the Projects Supply Chain team on a specific stations & tasks.
In addition to liaising with the station you will be responsible for feeding information in respect of projects and their status for your station back into Supply Chain.
The principal accountabilities of the successful candidate are:
Skills & Qualifications
- To work with stakeholders to develop commercial strategy for the delivery of high value projects across the business.
- To tender, negotiate and place contracts for the delivery of works.
- To provide commercial support on the downstream delivery of the above projects supporting swift, cost effective resolution of any claims.
- To act as a Supply Chain point of contact for projects delivered on one of our nuclear fleet.
- The successful individual will be an experienced supply chain professional with a strong track record of working on on high value procurement activities.
- Ideally candidates should have relevant educational qualifications such as a relevant degree and/ or be CIPS qualified.
- A key requirement of the roles is the need for strong communication skills.
- An understanding of EDF procurement process would be an advantage as would experience of working on projects.