Why apply for this role?
As a Technical Business Analyst you'll play a key role in the engineering and architecture team, you will join a fast-paced agile environment where you will be participating in the evolution of the digital platform that will change the bank and how our customers interact with us.
You will be in the centre of the action, writing requirements that join business requirements with current AS IS features, systems and applications to build a world-class developer portal, creating navigable and useful content for clients.
If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, we'd like to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing and influencing technical writing practices as you see fit, Improving the quality of existing documentation and ensuring standards of technical excellence are met.
- Partnering with developers and subject matter experts, taking ownership of developer experience products such as API and SDK references and how-to guides.
- Partnering with product teams and helping them derive actionable insights and product requirements, Providing expertise to help improve products that solve business problems.
- Supporting with identifying new product features by assessing feasibility and requirements.
- Developing and testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities.
- Developing a strong understanding of the product and defining appropriate metrics and key success indicators.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience as a technical writer for technical audiences.
- Experience with authoring and project tracking tools like MarkDown, HTML, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence or similar.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of documenting APIs.
- Understand where and why technical documentation is important and where it fits in the SDLC.
- Confident navigating a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and passionate about your craft, committed to producing elegant, functional content.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a 12-month secondment position based in Milton Keynes.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.