Here at Santander Technology we push the boundaries and create innovative, customer centric tech solutions for Santander. We collaborate to provide these world-class technical solutions and are embracing Agile across our business as we digitally transform our platforms and services to create the bank of the future.
Our teams embrace change and continually look for new and better ways to deliver. They collaborate to solve problems and find solutions in what can be a complex and challenging environment. Their passion for excellence and their tech is what makes Santander Technology so successful. We champion diversity, build communities and encourage learning resulting in a people orientated and balanced environment for all.
We have around 2,500 colleagues working across the UK with a further 10,000 colleagues across the globe and our presence is everywhere that Santander operates. You too could be part of our tech team serving 133 million Santander customers globally.
Our Big Data platform is now used by the bank to power all new digital applications. Data is at the heart of our transformation through the application of new technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and other open source technology and the adoption of new methods of work. We follow agile principles and take new approaches to software delivery, using test driven development and a continuous integration platform. We work in close, multi-disciplined teams. We support teams to work in an agile framework to deliver value to our partners. We continuously seek to improve our lean processes and are always looking for a better way to do things.
We're responsible for the end-to-end and side-to-side aspects of the data business, from data integration and exploitation, data modelling and architecture to data governance. We design, test and deploy applications and are responsible for the strategy through to implementation, change management and communication.
As a team they are driven, agile and lean and work in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment and always seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial attitude who want their work to have real impact.
The role is to be a central person responsible for the project by engaging with the product teams, technical leads and lead engineers. Deep knowledge both technically and functionally. The role requires a collaborative, independent, committed individual who is able to speak up and offer constructive feedback with strong technical foundations.
What we're looking for
- Java, Scala, Python & SQL.
- Hadoop preferably Cloudera, but other experiences welcome.
- Production experience with Spark (beyond proof of concept, ideally more than 10 nodes).
- Implementation of NoSQL: Hbase, Neo4j (Graph Database), MongoDB, Elastic or others.
- Kafka, RabbitMQ and other messaging frameworks.
- Solid engineering foundations, and experience within streaming engineering
- Experience with test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery including containers.
- Experience in solution design and software architecture.
- Experience in Agile software development or XP, preferably Test-driven development or Behaviour driven development.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS.
- Contributor to Apache foundation or other open-source projects, would be nice.
- Candidates must have an excellent level of written and spoken English.
- This role will require relocation to the UK so candidates must be eligible for a work permit and be in a position to successfully apply for one.
What we offer?
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend 'Meet Ups' and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that's dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Minimum of 26 days holiday per year in addition to public bank holidays and you can buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year with our 'Flexi Holidays' scheme.
- You'll get 5 paid 'Selfie Days' per year (4 days for your personal development and 1 day to support the community)
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family and Dental insurance
- Access to onsite gyms and discounted gym memberships
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.