Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: West Sussex
Salary: Negotiable (D.O.E)
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Group income protection scheme
- Employee lifestyle discount benefits
- Group personal pension scheme with matched contribution levels
For this role you must be able to obtain or currently hold UK SC Clearance.
Our Client is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Producing cutting-edge products and services for the surveillance and defence industries to specific client requirements
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Innovative design skills in Electro-Mechanical mechanisms.
- Technical lead within a small, mixed discipline, project design team
- Lead in the creation of designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
- Lead and work in collaboration with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs, including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation
- Perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Responsible for leading and developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Coordinate with wider engineering teams to integrate electronic, control and drive systems into equipment designs
- Provide support for the production, test and field engineering
- Work with project managers and sales teams to provide time estimates for design activities and keep appraised of progress
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Have experience in the design of complex mechanisms and structures.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders to understand diverse and complex requirements.
- Degree educated/ extensive experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in performing engineering calculations
- Have proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production in a Lead role
- Have an understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques
If you are interested in this role as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer please contact me on 01923 470756 or by email email@example.com