Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the fight against serious and organised crime?
NCA officers work at the forefront of law enforcement, building the best possible intelligence picture of a serious and organised crime threats; relentlessly pursuing the most serious and dangerous offenders; and developing and delivering specialist capabilities on behalf of law enforcement.
As a member of the finance team you will be supporting the agency in protecting the public from serious and organised crime.
We are looking for an senior finance professional to lead Transactional Services, Payroll/Pensions and internal Counter Fraud.
As a Senior Manager within the NCA Finance team, you will be a trusted advisor delivering consistently high standards of financial compliance, risk mitigation and value for money and will explain complex financial information in a clear and understandable way.
In addition to managing a team of 30+ finance staff in transactional services (accounts payable, receivable and cash & bank) and payroll/pensions, you will also be responsible for leading NCA’s Counter Fraud Strategy.
During the application candidates will be assessed on the following criteria from their CV (Please see candidate information pack for further details on what the application process entails)
- A strong financial background working at management level leading Transactional Services and Payroll within the last 5 years.
Locations for this role: Bristol, Warrington, London, Belfast – please note, weekly travel to the Bristol office will be expected.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
• Be at the heart of decision making within your business area,
• understanding both the NCA and business area strategy, providing critical insights and making well thought through recommendations.
• Present and explain complex financial information to managers in a clear and understandable way to aid management decision making.
• Lead a team supporting the business through policy and strategic development, business planning, performance, service delivery or governance.
• Ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service.
• Lead projects, programmes and departmental campaigns, ensuring performance levels are monitored and reported against target and plan.
• Manage organisational change and effectively plan, implement and communicate changes with stakeholders.
• Work with government departments and represent the NCA at cross government committees / meetings (as required).
• Oversee the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data /information in line with NCA Policy.
• Manage / coach staff and provide advice on development.
The following qualifications/skills are essential to the role and proof will be required at interview:
• Full Professional accountancy qualification, i.e. CCAB or CIMA membership.
Please ensure the dates of any accreditations you are relying on, are entered on to the CV.
Should you progress to the assessment stage of the process, you will be required to provide a copy of the original certificate.
Failure to provide evidence at interview may result in your application not progressing to the next stage.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Strong customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- A strong financial background working at management level leading Transactional Services and Payroll within the last 5 years
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is SECURITY CHECK
Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical.