Position: Electronics Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 month initially
Security Clearance: Active SC clearance prefered but those with no clearance or a BPSS clearance will be considered. Must be a sole British national due to security clearance.
We currently recruiting for our client a contract role for a Electronics Engineer. Its an exciting opportunity to support our client into the UK Space sector.
We would love to speak with people with some or all the experience in the following areas: RF PCB development, Digital, mixed signal and power PCB development, Mechanical design and system integration, System engineering.
Key Skills and experience:
- Understanding of the principles of PCB circuit design and layout.
- Understanding of the principles of mechanical design. Experience with 3D CAD would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Proven record of set-to-work and verification of complex hardware, sometimes under demanding project timescales; able to fault find and debug problems in a logical and thorough manner.
- Competent in the use of laboratory measurement equipment (eg oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, vector network analysers etc).
- Experience in the use of software and firmware development tools and environments, e.g. Python, C/C++, Linux, particularly as needed to support hardware test and debug.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time and in a dynamic environment where deadlines and priorities are changeable.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary development teams in a project-based environment.
- Good inter-personal skills; able to work well in a dynamic, collaborative team.
- Experience of designing products for real world use outside a lab (Space experience desirable but not essential).
- Experience of designing products for environmental and compliance testing and knowledge of the relevant standards.