Project Manager(Outside IR35)
Contract Term: 6 Months
Contracting Authority: DEFRA (Animal and Plant Health Agency(APHA)
Location: Remote (some travel to Worcester or Weybridge)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy contract management team working across the whole agency. This post will help to co-ordinate and drive forward a number of important projects that seek to improve our commercial management, asset management and procurement of critical supplies, working alongside Contract Managers in the team and their key internal stakeholders.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
As a Project Manager, your main responsibilities would be:
- Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages, working with stakeholders to ensure Design
- Delivery; Technical Build; Testing; MI requirements etc are managed and delivered to date and time.
- Development of Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
- Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the deployment of all aspects of the project assigned to.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of products.
- Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Head of Contract Management, Contract Managers and other team members as directed stakeholder relationship with suppliers.
- Completion of the high level plan through to Go Live and BAU handover.
- Delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders.
- Experience of governance and risk control.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Strong leadership; people and communications skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making
You’ll have relevant experience in:
- SC Clearance
- Senior Stakeholder Management
- Project planning skills
- Bringing people to gather
- Analysing spend reports and summarising data
- Managing Multiple Projects
- Coordinating technical input
- Pulling resources together
- Drive projects forward
You will also have these Qualifications/Skills:
- MSP, Prince 2 or similar
- Experience of working in a large complex organisation
- Public sector preferred but not essential
If this Project Manager role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.