Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision > - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
To support the Procurement Specialist by effectively managing outstanding purchase order delivery adherence to 'on time' principles
Job Core Responsibilities
- React to daily Material Requirements Plan (MRP) messages and liase with the Master Scheduler.
- Manage relationships with suppliers of goods and services to ensure delivery and responsiveness targets are being achieved.
- Ensure arrears (without safety stock) file is being aggressively managed with each potential risk identified with mitigation action.
- Support the Trainee Supply Chain Analyst with schedule generation.
- Open orders weekly file to be managed and expedited against all suppliers. Parts to be chased against MRP demand dates with any agreed deferred dates being updated on the system.
- Discrete purchase orders file to be managed every week from MRP file, minimise numbers and action immediately.
- Update metrics file to detail weekly status progress and report to weekly procurement team meeting.
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings and negotiations and make best use of resources and time.
- Working on development projects and supporting programmes as required.
- Proactively support supply chain continuous improvement activities.
- Liase with internal and external customers to identify priorities and take appropriate actions.
- Any other tasks considered commensurate with your role by your manager.
- MRP Schedule adherence & Schedule generation
- Arrears & open order files
- Update of supplier performance metrics file
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.