Join us as a Lead Project Manager with Aegon
(Essex, Edinburgh, Peterborough - Full-time, 12 months assignment initially with a potential to go permanent)
Aegon started life as Scottish Equitable. Aegon have focused on helping people take responsibility for their financial future since 1831 when Scottish Equitable was founded in Edinburgh.
Today we’re part of Aegon NV, an international provider of life insurance, pensions and asset management, with businesses in over 20 countries around the world.
We provide retirement, workplace savings and protection solutions to over 3.9 million customers in the UK, helping them create the tomorrow they want.
Over the years, we’ve evolved our brand. We’ve combined our strong UK heritage with Aegon’s global strength, while staying steadfastly committed to our original purpose; to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security.
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance, and other private sector organisations.
We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Leading complex Projects/Programmes within a large portfolio of approved regulatory and discretionary projects to meet identified business needs, acquiring, and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. Work with senior business stakeholders to shape the project scope and deliverables so they align to meet wider Digital Solutions Business Plan objectives.
Deputise for Portfolio Manager as required. Provide leadership, performance management and development support for Project Managers as a leader within the broader change function. Occasional travel across multiple sites may be required for cross location projects.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Has experience of and can demonstrate servant leadership
- Able to build strong relations with business users, IT Delivery Managers, Project team members and peers.
- Ability to role model leadership and teamwork across a Change function and broader AEGON business.
- Experience of people management and development within a change environment.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills with senior stakeholders to Executive level.
- Ability to align the project delivery method, structure, and governance to support the delivery and control of the project KPIs.
- Well versed in MS Office software.
- Adaptability, business strategy, organisational and process design, procurement, presentations.
- Good knowledge and practical application of Project and Programme delivery methodologies e.g. agile, waterfall, Prince2.
- Risk Management – programme, project and operational.
- Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organisations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers in order to successfully implement initiatives.
- Understanding the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Usage of Jira, Confluence, SharePoint
- External regulatory environment
- Business functions and processes
- Business analysis
- Programme office management
- Financial Services and platform experience
- Business continuity and incident management
- Platform propositions and distribution channels
Successful management and delivery of large, complex, multi-functional, cross-business programmes and projects, using Waterfall, Agile or Hybrid approaches exhibiting strong project / programme and budget management.
Strategic problem solving and analysis.
Strong business influencing and decision-making skills at a senior level.
Senior leadership experience and people management (i.e. matrix / task management)
Third party management experience.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, at a senior level.
- Business Process re-engineering
- Procurement and negotiations
- Platform or Mutual Funds environment
- Change delivery from an operational perspective
- Programme, project and/or portfolio management accreditation (desired)
- Business or professional degree (desired)