Senior Human Factors Consultant
Location: Bristol or Warrington
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
REF: SF32964 About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are proud to be the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force. From our inception during the earliest days of nuclear research and development, we recognised that a focus on people and the expertise they deliver is the key to meeting the challenges of this exciting technology.
We are recruiting for a Senior Human Factors Consultant to join our team in either Bristol Technology Centre or Warrington to take a lead role across a number of exciting and key projects on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities for the role include;
What do I need to do the role?
- Providing the Human Factors input to design projects, ensuring that nuclear safety requirements are incorporated
- Preparing and agreeing Human Factors Integration Plans
- Managing delivery for the work undertaken within their agreed remit against cost and programme to the satisfaction of the Key Stakeholders
- Producing, verifying, and approving calculations, analyses, design basis documentation and technical reports
- Acting as the Point of Contact for the Key Stakeholders, ensuring adequate communication between the Engineering Delivery Team, Construction Experts, Operators, Safety Assessors, Site Safety Case Managers and other Stakeholders
- Participating in Hazard Identification studies
- Reviewing bids and designs
- Developing bids for Human Factors related support
- Developing sections for Human Factors work as part of multidisciplinary bids
- Producing estimates for bids
- Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Supporting the growth the business through the identification and development of opportunities
- Maintaining awareness of wider industry process and project developments
- Reviewing industry best practice for implementation
- Undertaking any special duties as may be specified from time to time by the Functional Leader
- Ensuring that deployed resources are suitably qualified and experienced personnel
- Directing and supervising the work of technical specialists within the same discipline
- Direct and relevant experience of undertaking human factors assessments in support of hazard analysis and safety justification
- Experience working in a high hazard industry across a variety of projects (e.g. nuclear, defence, oil, gas, rail). It is desirable if you have worked in support of Sellafield, AWE, Devonport Royal Dockyard or Submarines previously.
- Experience of using systems engineering techniques on projects.
- Experience of using Jack, Solidworks or similar CAD packages in support of Human Factors work
- Experience of undertaking human factors design activities in support of design and engineering
- Experience in a high hazard industry, ideally working across a variety of projects in the nuclear industry.
• 2:1 Bachelor of Science Honours Degree (minimum) in Ergonomics, Human Factors or Applied Psychology.
• Chartered Status (or working towards) What else do I need to know?
• All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
• We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
• The role will require occasional travel to other sites. About Babcock International
• For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
• We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential. Application Guidance
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time. Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
#LI-POST Job Segment:
Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineer, Engineering