AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
To support and work closely with the Finance Business Partner - you will play a critical role to ensure planning, control and steering of specific functions across the UK, France & Germany sites. Your role will be to challenge and support the business in terms of financial and operational performance improvement and to be involved in supporting exciting company projects.
Who are we looking for?
An experienced financial controller who excels in initiating change and developing financial controls aligned with the companies' financial vision for the business with finance project management experience.
Our business is fast paced, ever growing and changing - you must have strong commercial awareness and the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
The role would suit an innovative and determined individual who is keen to progress their career within a transnational organisation. You need to be someone that enjoys a variety in their workload and is capable of working well autonomously.
How will you contribute?
- Directly supporting the UK Finance Business partner across multiple functions and projects
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data on performance against budgets/targets highlighting discrepancies and risks & opportunities
- Proposes/coordinates mitigation actions if needed to support discussions and decision making at Management level
- Contributes to earned value management when required and contributes to cash planning (capex, inventory, supplier spent planning)
- Controls Programs and Operations actuals vs forecasts, corrective measures, hourly rates, price audit
- Ensures timely and meaningful planning & reporting > establishes consolidated financial reporting (define, harmonize and ensure consistency and compliance, incl. tools)
- Manages targets set by programs (non-recurring and recurring cost) through convergence process
Skills and experience required
- A minimum of three to five years' experience operating as a financial, budgetary controller
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or other equivalent qualification)
- Experience of working with Excel, SAP, and other recognised tools in the industry
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact with stakeholders of all levels across the UK and Europe
- Experience within Aerospace, Automotive, Telecoms, Engineering environment would be advantageous however not essential
What We Offer
You will work in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment where your proven experience, expertise and knowledge directly impacts day-to-day business operations.
You will work on multiple projects across all the Defence and Space business lines whilst having the opportunities to participate in cross-functional assignments in a diverse, international and multicultural environment.
Come Join Our Team!
If your profile matches with our requirements and you are interested in joining our dynamic and multicultural team of professionals, you can apply providing your CV and covering letter outlining your motivation.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to participate fully in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will be subject to a UK SC Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share, an ever-growing list of company benefits including: enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- We are 5 mins walk from Stevenage train station (step free and lift access), easily accessible by road and bus, car parking on site, cycle racks. Close to many amenities including:
- High-street shops and supermarkets
- Restaurants and eateries
- Gyms, Swimming pool and Parks
- Cinema, bowling and Recreational facilities
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.