Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision > - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
We are looking for two Quality Inspection Team Leaders to join our Quality team, based from our brand new Head Office in Ansty Park, Coventry. You will lead on the daily operation of quality inspection for the assigned areas within the business. You will also be responsible for managing a team of Quality Inspectors within assigned value streams.
- Lead DLA's for Inspection areas
- Monitor KPI's and develop improvement plans where necessary
- Manage time and attendance for Inspection areas
- Support Manufacturing Review Board's (Quality Clinic's) from an Inspection perspective
- Read drawings & specifications and relate them to the product to determine conformity
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance GD&T
- Support the calibration process and have an understanding of calibration principles
- Ability to use manual & machine inspection measuring equipment, typically callipers, micrometres.
- Interact with business ERP system and data collection software including SAP, Visual FAI and any other business tool.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Post-Secondary degree in Quality Assurance or equivalent of relevant education and work experience
- At least 5 years or more of relevant experience working within an established Quality department
- Strong and proven leadership skills
- Able to plan and direct technical efforts to meet quality targets
- Effective interpersonal skills to influence and lead a team
- Skilled at performing examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components and parts on all types of standard and special products
- Experienced in analyzing and determining quality methods and procedures
- Provides good judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.