AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
A new vacancy for a Senior Test / Integration Engineer within Cyber Security has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport.
Reporting into the Test Manager you will be responsible for executing allocated Work Packages within the agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
This role has been created due to an expansion of the business and an increase in Test effort.
You will be employed in a multi-disciplined project team, working closely with Software and Hardware teams in an open office environment.
As the successful Test Verification and Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing test cases to demonstrate suitability of complex products and/or systems for the Cyber Security market place.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsible for specifying, performing / automated and documenting Verification and Validation tests for allocated elements of the product development test strategy, by:
- Performing in-house and/or external testing for Cryptographic and or Key Management Systems.
- Documenting the tests and test results for allocated area of responsibility
- Verification and Validation specifications, procedures, schedules and reports are produced, demonstrating appropriate test coverage.
- Appropriate tools and techniques are used to integrate, qualify, verify, validate and accept equipment to Airbus Defence & Space standards and to customer specifications.
- Must have experience of formal Verification and Validation of networked electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software development
- Essential Skills:
- TCP/IP network configuration and test
- Test script/software development e.g. Python
- Automated Test Experience
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Secure Communications Systems
- Secure Cryptographic Communications Network Devices
- CCNA standard
- Experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum DV level In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence