Salary: Competitve Location: Stevenage Posting End Date: 06/08/2021
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Airframe Systems division brings together an extensive range of skills and abilities to support some of the world's leading commercial, business and military aircraft manufacturers.
Across its five product groups, Airframe Systems produces a host of world leading technology. Our Braking Systems product group supplies both military and commercial aircrafts.
We seal essential spaces, such as landing gear, wings, engines, nacelles, windows and doors, and produce intelligent air data systems and sensors that measure altitude, angle or acceleration. These sensors can be used on planes, train control systems or even missile control systems.
Whether it's developing new radome solutions, fuel delivery systems or high-altitude life support systems, the Airframe Systems embodies the innovation at the heart of Meggitt.Job Designation
The Principal Engineer, Manufacturing acts as a key contributor in the Manufacturing Engineering team, and supports a variety of complex activities to increase manufacturing capabilities. Actively participates in the introduction of new products to the manufacturing and supply chain environment. Directly impacts all aspects of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and innovation, as well as the sustaining and growth efforts of operations. Job Core Responsibilities
Job Specifications Education :
- Acts as key professional lead in the Manufacturing Engineering team
- Supports a variety of complex manufacturing engineering assignments to reach business goals
- Provides objective, functional and financial engineering guidance on capital expenditures to division management and follows up on the implementation process
- Implements all phases of cost reduction; forecasts labor and equipment requirements to assure adequate equipment, machine capacity and labor
- Reduces costs and improves manufacturing yields, using best practices and professional knowledge
- Provides technical direction and guidance to other team members
- Actively participates in the introduction of new products to the manufacturing and supply chain environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations Certifications Years Experience:
10 years or more of relevant experience Skills
- Ability to act as a technical lead on projects of a complex nature and provides manufacturing engineering expertise
- Significant expertise in manufacturing engineering, lean methods and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
- Ability to absorb and apply new technical information and evaluate implications
- Effectively communicates difficult concepts and negotiates well with others
- Solid analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and solve increasingly complex problems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
If this position is located in the United States, this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.