Job Description Summary
As a key member of the Offshore Operations team reporting to the Section Leader Commercial Support, you will be responsible for delivering Commercial Project Support to the Offshore Project Manager community. This will involve supporting Project Managers in running multimillion-dollar international projects, with opportunities to interact with various teams both within our organisation within the UK and with suppliers and customers operating globally.Job Description Most important responsibilities/tasks
- Managing and co-ordinating Customer interfaces on behalf of the Project Manager (PM)
- Managing and co-ordinating Supplier interfaces on behalf of the PM
- Supporting the PM with compiling contract variations for cost, timing, etc.
- Providing Commercial and Project Support to key significant projects including:
• Document Control
• Preparation of purchase requisitions
• Transmittals for key documents
• Document storage administration
• Filing contractual documents
• Maintaining the material commitment to manage project purchases
• Creating/managing Customer financial file (including PO/Invoice registers)
• Assisting with equipment shipping requirements
- Liaison with other departments to:
• Update programmes
• Progress specifications/common drawings/instruction drawings
• Progress information and/or actions Essential requirements
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to interface with people at all levels both with Customers organisations and internally
- Proactive nature with the ability to make things happen
- Committed to taking ownership for designated tasks
- Strong organisational skills
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Experience of SAP
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Understanding of basic contractual terms and conditions
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world's energy infrastructure.
We recognise the value of having wide range of perspectives in decision-making; and we foster an environment where everyone feels that they belong, that their contribution matters and they are able to perform to their full potential, no matter their background, identity or circumstances.
We also understand that not everyone has the same expectations about their jobs, careers and work-life balance therefore we are happy to discuss flexibility requirements.
https://youtu.be/fmZNPTKZZek PC videoAdditional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: