The Bank of England is the UK's central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people.
The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its c.4,000 people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability. Department Overview
The Finance & Performance Directorate plays a critical role in protecting the Bank's financial position and reputation. The overall purpose of the Directorate is to contribute to the successful execution of the Bank's aims and objectives by ensuring it has an appropriate financial platform for its broader responsibilities, and for the challenges facing an organisation of more than 4,000 staff, with annual expenditure of circa £700mn.
The Finance & Performance Directorate has four main Divisions, Financial Reporting & Control, Financial Analytics & Insight, the Corporate Investment Portfolio Office and Finance Strategy.
The Back Office Finance Business Partner Team sits within Finance Strategy and provides leadership on financial performance management across the Bank's back office functions including strategic finance, management accounting, performance reporting, management information and decision support. Job description
This is a Finance Business Partner role responsible for supporting the Bank's Central Services and Other Support functions to effectively manage their financial resources.
Role Requirements Minimum (Essential) Criteria
- A key role in providing effective financial management and control of c. £230m operational cost base
- You will build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with senior management and their teams
- You will be working with these stakeholders to prepare monthly management information, rolling forecasts and the annual budget
- You will need to ensure forecasts and budgets have been developed from a sound basis and key assumptions have been tested and challenged
- You will be responsible for providing analysis and delivering insight that links business strategies to the financial information
- You will be presenting monthly financial MI to Business Heads and Stakeholders
- You will be supporting ad-hoc financial and strategic projects as required, including but not limited to value creation and process optimisation
This role offers a base salary of between (£35, 000- 40,000) (subject to experience and skillset). The total package also includes: •A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year. •A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits. •25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits. •Private medical insurance and income protection insurance We anonymise applications so hiring managers will not be able to see your personal information, your original CV or any covering letters when reviewing your submission. Please complete work history and the application form questions as requested because incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of finance business partnering, business planning and reporting
- Passionate about maximising value and solving problems
- Ability to turn financial data into key messages and clear decisions
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage fast-paced environment and multiple deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
We continue to build an inclusive culture where everyone can be their whole selves and produce their best work. Our focus on inclusion is intended to build greater diversity in order to reflect the society we serve and be an employer of choice.
The closing date for applications is 19/08/2021
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions, complete the work history and submit your CV.