Data Operations Support engineer
Data Technology: Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, ZooKeeper, Kaftka, Postgres
- CI/CD: Jenkins (inc groovy) & Terraform
- Platform & Cloud: Docker/Kubernetes/Helm, AWS
- Data Technology: Patroni, ZooKeeper high availability postgres.
- Monitoring data technology using Dynatrace (or similar), ELK (or similar), Prometheus/grafana/python
- CI/CD - Nexus, Artefactory
- Platform & Cloud - Rancher, KOPS, NGINX
Duties & Role:
1. Supporting and operating data processing applications and databases built in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Hive, HBase, Kaftka, PostGres) and RDBMS
2. Experience of monitoring big data platforms and databases
3. Experience of supporting data solutions that have been delivered using CI/CD and customising CI/CD pipelines to deliver enhancements and CSI
4. Experience of supporting applications that run on containerised platforms (build, deployment, configuration, orchestration, operation) and AWS
5. Experience of data tools, analysing data issues and implementing bug fixes.
6. Experience of identifying and delivering service improvements to deliver TOIL reduction and shift left.
Candidates will ideally have the following skills:
+ Data Technology: Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, ZooKeeper, Kaftka, Postgres
+ CI/CD - Jenkins (inc groovy) & Terraform
+ Platform & Cloud - Docker/Kubernetes/Helm, AWS
Candidates would benefit from the following additional beneficial skills (not mandatory):
+ Data Technology: Informatica BDRM, Patroni, ZooKeeper high availability postgres.
+ Monitoring data technology using Dynatrace, ELK, Prometheus/grafana/python.
+ CI/CD - Nexus, Artefactory
+ Platform & Cloud - Rancher, KOPS, NGINX