They are an international pioneer within the Defence and Space domain, delivering challenging and exciting projects based on the latest, cutting-edge technologies.
Due to growth, they are currently recruiting a Configuration Document Controller to join their established Portsmouth site.
Do you have experience in using Windchill?
Confident in delivering and creating data packs?
Have you a background in either Aerospace, Space, Military, Automotive, Petro-Chemical?
Control of project(s) documentation/data in a team environment, in collaboration with other Documentation Office members, reporting directly to the Project Manager, with overall formal line reporting to the local CADM Team Leader.
A documentation officer is expected to act as a relationship builder in a shared workload environment. The Document Officer will be responsible for both internal and external documentation and or data delivered to the Project, in collaboration with the Project Team and the Configuration Manager.
- Internal and external document/data management covering
- Recording of documents in the company PDM (Product Data Management) database Creation and control of metadata
- Distribution of documents/data and creation of Data-pack
- Monitor and control the quality of internal documents via the formal check
- Support Project end users for document related queries
- Propose process improvements to improve efficiencies where identified
- Where required recording and controlling non-document data (media etc.)
- Understanding of Engineering processes e.g Bills of Material and baselines
- Documentation may cover ITAR data (eligibility to handle ITAR is mandatory for this role) some
- Projects may require classified data handling, higher security clearance may be required and will be managed by local Team Leads.
- Previous experience of file/data management tools (Adobe, FTP, Nero…….)
- Previous experience of Product Data Management tools (Windchill, Eclipse….)
- IT Literate with MS Office Tools
You will work a 37-hour week with an initial length of contract 12months, This opportunity will at first be based working remotely then on client site thereafter when deemed appropriate.
All offers will be subject to successful referencing process.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply within.
Guidant Global (Jobscience) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.