Job Description Summary You will perform a key role within a dynamic team designing and developing power distribution systems for our Electrical Power Distribution Business within GE Aviation.
As an Engineer in GE you will be encouraged and supported to continue developing both your technical and leadership skills.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities • Demonstrate your electrical knowledge managing requirements, designing, verifying and testing electrical systems.
• Use your knowledge of the product development lifecycle to provide technical support to the team and the wider business.
• Have excellent technical problem solving skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e common sense approach, not embarrassed to ask the "obvious" questions).
• Have experience of working in a team environment delivering products to cost and schedule.
• Growing technical expertise in one or more product / technology areas, maintaining an awareness of industry trends.
• Have the confidence, experience and flexibility to develop new approaches to solving customer problems.
• Have the ability to interface directly with customers as presenter or reviewer of technical information.
• Be willing to occasionally travel internationally to support customer / supplier meetings.
Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor's degree in electrical/electronic engineering from an accredited university/college, equivalent qualification or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of electrical product design and development activities including exposure to design for manufacture & test-methodologies.
• Exposure to performing root cause analysis of hardware issues.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Desired Characteristics • Experience of using: Mentor Capital or equivalent schematic electrical design toolset.
• Be familiar with technologies in Power switching and control circuitry.
• A working knowledge of software and systems design.
• Exposure to the mechanical design of electrical packaging.
• Knowledge of Electrical Wiring Installation System (EWIS) regulatory.
• An understanding of regulatory and safety requirements for safety critical products (ideally gained in an avionics or similar environment).
• Ability to understand and be involved in all phases of the product development life cycle. You will be expected to play an active part in the design and development of new products from concept through to manufacture and beyond.
• Willing to participate in military product design
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes