Job Description Summary
As part of a newly formed organization in Commercial Operations, responsible to communicate Grid Software value to customers and potential customers through the generation of differentiated proposals for new systems, upgrades and additional services. Responsible for developing/utilizing new tools, processes and standard work packages, and through the application and continuous practice of Lean tools and thinking to improve the organizations efficiency, accuracy, and customer focus. Drive improved integration with Sales/Pre-Sales, and with Project Delivery, at the transition and handover points, to ensure great commercial strategies are reflected in proposals, and to ensure that winning proposals can be executed efficiently by the Project Delivery organization for an improved customer experience.
Will be part of a team of SMEs in in Asset Management products (GIS, Mobile, Analytics) for the East team, covering the EURAF and MENAT regions primarily, but may also occasionally support customer opportunities outside of these regions.Job Description In this role, you will:
- Be part of a newly created organization that is a key function for the success of GE Digital Grid Software. This organization will be responsible for differentiating GE from competitors, driving wins in competitive markets, and ensuring existing customers are delighted with commercial responsiveness and technical solutions.
- Be a key SME in Asset Management (GIS, Mobile, Analytics).
- Participate in a team with the passion to compete and that celebrates successes often and improves every day.
- Work closely with Commercial Managers, Sales Managers, and Product Managers to drive wins in the market.
- Stay current with product capabilities and documentation.
- Manage customer specification review and response, proposal development, and contribute to SOW creation for complex software sales and service agreements. Ensure the correct estimates and schedules are put in place (through work with other SME's on the team) such that the Project Delivery team can execute effectively, driving a positive customer experience.
- Create and or improve tools used to respond to RFPs to improve efficiency and accuracy. Create transition work packages for key transitions and integration points with other parts of the business (Pre-Sales/Sales and Project Delivery).
- Continuously apply Lean principles and create a culture of Lean as the way we work. Support problem solving and apply daily management to improve the new organization.
- Participate in Customer negotiations from both functional/technical and commercial perspectives.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, work with Product Management to understand product requirements & vision
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university .
- Experience with GIS, either in Engineering (R&D) or in Project Delivery.
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed.
- Legal authorization to work in the UK is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Knowledge of / background in software and expertise in, GIS, GIS Mobile applications, Analytics, and related applications. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the technical requirements and overall proposal generation activities are completed and are within the deal creation process guidelines, and you will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives
- Prior experience in software development or implementation and project delivery.
- Strong project management skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Able to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Proven track record for delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
- Strong customer focus mindset and willingness to meet tight deadlines
- General urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Enthusiasm to try new things and be comfortable charging into the unknown