Job Description Summary
The Services Outage Leader will lead a team responsible for driving Strategic Outage Initiatives improvements in Europe Region, delivering customer value via outage planning, and delivery of successful outages, optimizing of Outage Profiles and resources, This leader and their team will be accountable for the outage closeout process, validating the successful outage score performance and taking LL/BP inputs to drive continuous improvement on future outages. The Outage Excellence leader will participate in Daily Management with ITR Sub region leaders and will be an escalation channel when the outage execution teams need functional support to maintain outage execution performance. The Europe Outage Excellence leader will lead/facilitate PSR's based on KPIs and outage planning activities, develop strategic region improvement plans and provide formal feedback progress to leadership. The Leader will be also responsible for leading the Variable Cost Productivity team. This Leader and their team will be focused on enabling and accelerating our Pivot to Value (P2V) initiatives, to drive long term total cost competitiveness by partnering with our services functions growing services revenue and expanding margins. He/She will be accountable for Fleet Sharing Initiative, lowering NCP Cost, implementing Productivity Programs and ensuring cost productivity across the ITR TX process. An experienced agent of cultural change the VCP Leader will participate in Daily Management with ITR Sub Region leaders and will be a focal point for Process Improvement leading/facilitating PSR and Kaizens Events
The position reports directly into the Europe ITR Operations Leader and is a member of the operations leadership team.Job Description
- In conjunction with ITR Forecasting & Outage Enablement Leader coordinate region stakeholders including Field Core, Parts, Repairs, Supply Chain, Engineering, and ITR to optimize our fulfilment supply chains to deliver value for our customer.
- Maintain 95% Completion of Field Vision Planning tasks and drive improvement in On Time Completion
- Lead and ensure full implementation of critical planning processes CSOM and PORR where applicable. Track and monitor actions from disposition right through to close out.
- Support CSL's to identify and track gaps in fulfilment that will provide early identification of risks to an outage and support recovery plans.
- Support ITR Sub Region Leaders and Service Directors with their Operational Reviews and Outage Readiness Reviews (ORR) to ensure successful outages.
- Monitor the ongoing execution of outages to ensure the region remains on track to meet its targets on key performance indicators as defined by Successful Outage Scorecard (SOS).
- Ensure successful closure of outage escalation issues for assigned region stakeholders via the Daily Management Escalation process - Support Sub region ITR stakeholders to ensure outage issues and risks are mitigated.
- Ensure timely execution of the Post-Outage Closure Review and Successful Outage Scorecard (SOS). Collaborate with all Fulfilment Functions to drive outage Best Practices & Lessons Learned. Coordinate with Quality Team/Fulfilment Functions to ensure outage NCRs dispositioned, actioned and closed.
- Collaborate with Quality team to drive continuous improvement across all key metrics including Customer satisfaction, CoPQ reduction, minimize the impact of Escapes and Defects, accelerate RCA/NCR closure, and strengthen the quality culture.
- Lead the process and procedure improvement projects that will have a quantifiable impact on the CSL/CPM/CFM teams. Champion LEAN improvement principles, lead/facilitate Lean PSRs and Kaizen events in the region.
- Lead Capital Part Flow & Hub Management for Fleet Sharing
- Lead Consumable Parts Reviews to ensure that CSA demand are in line with Contract T&C's to optimize cost impact to Contract
- Own Monthly Operation Reviews of Outage & Non Capital Part Cost for
- Partner cross-functionally with ITR, Field Core, Parts, Repairs, PMO, Combined Cycle to ensure an accurate forecast is shared and utilized to find ways to save costs without impacting performance and quality.
- Collaborate with Field on FIFO reduction initiatives
- Honor our commitment to customers - ensure that any VCP initiatives deliver EHS & Quality at the same level or better
- Lead ITR-Fulfillment Center partnership improvements using Lean tools such as Daily Management & PSRs
- Lead process and procedure improvement projects, identified through Daily Management, that will have a quantifiable impact on the CSL/CPM/CFM teams. Lead and facilitate Lean PSRs/ Kaizen Events and provide formal feedback progress to Leadership
- University bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience (field service, supply chain, engineering, repairs, customer service, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 25% of the time on average (may include seasonal variability)
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong network within Gas Power, especially Services, Parts, Repairs, Global Supply Chain & Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Event Planning & Execution roles
- Strong customer orientation and willingness to promote customer interests
- Strong, proven previous leadership capabilities; leading teams (directly or indirectly) and driving change
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders to become supporters
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision. Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Clear understanding of the basic roles, functions, and products/services/repairs within GE Gas Power
- Ability to communicate requirements and facilitate good practice-sharing in a motivating, engaging way
- A procedure mindset and ability to implement procedures and monitor compliance
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Familiar with lean and productivity programs
- Committed to process improvement