Job Description Summary
In this role you will help lead projects to identify and implement improvements in cost, performance and value for our services business. You will also support and manage the development of digital tools and services which will help grow services revenues and digital offerings for internal and external customers. You will partner with members of the Dowty programs team and other business stakeholders to deliver additional value and lean solutions through digital tools.Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply a continuous improvement/Lean mindset and be comfortable working with data.
- Work independently and with other business stakeholders to analyse repair data to identify trends and improvement opportunities. Be effective at summarising key information and making recommendations.
- Support and, in some cases, lead cross functional teams with the implementation of process changes and digital tools which deliver reduced cost/inventory, improved service levels and increased customer value for R&O activities.
- Support the ILS team leader with external customer engagement to define, propose and deliver digital tools and solutions to grow Dowty services revenues.
- Work with other members of the ILS team and third party vendors in identifying, developing and implementing e-commerce offerings.
- Support the ILS team with general administration and support whilst looking for opportunities to automate and reduce manual effort.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Basic understanding of key business drivers and objectives.
- Good Competence with Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams.
- Six Sigma/lean training
- Coding experience e.g. SQL.
- Understanding of MRP logic, preferably Oracle (Finance, Material and Sales Modules)
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance. Total Reward
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website. Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: