Job Description Summary
We are looking for our future field engineers and technicians at GE Healthcare. Our range of medical equipment and devices, from MRI scanners and mammography units, to anaesthetic machines and neo-natal warmers, work every day to diagnose, treat and monitor patients in hospitals and treatment centres across the UK. When that equipment breaks down or requires maintenance, our Field Service team are on the scene to help our healthcare customers continue to provide their patients with life-saving care.
You'll get world class manufacturer's training, backed up with hands on experience on GE equipment, and become part of a great technical team.Job Description
Joining as a Field Service Trainee you will be assigned to a Service Area in the UK to begin a 2-year trainee program with a view to taking a permanent Field Service role at GE on completion. You will be part of a group of 6 trainees starting our 2021 Field Service Trainee program together.
The role is to maintain and repair medical equipment in the GE Healthcare range at customer sites in an assigned Service Area. Joining a team of experienced engineers, you will be assigned to a specific modality/equipment type within the GE Healthcare portfolio and will be allocated a mentor to guide you. Your 2-year program will be a combination of official product training at one of our GE training centres, coupled with day-to-day on the job training with current experienced engineers.
You will also be expected to develop the necessary skills to build strong professional relationships with customers, with Customer Satisfaction being the key objective.
GE Healthcare is committed to being a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity employee. If you are the right candidate, with the right attitude and ambition, we will mentor and train you to make you ready for a future in GE Field Service.
You can be located anywhere in mainland UK, and must be willing to travel.
A company car, laptop, phone and toolkit will be provided.Key Responsibilities/essential functions:
- Technical: Carry out planned maintenance and repairs to all models specific to a modality in the assigned area.
- Electrical/ Mechanical competency: Demonstrate consistent system level trouble-shooting on modality specific faults.
- Customer satisfaction: Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly with a professional attitude, to a range of healthcare customer staff with customer satisfaction underpinning all activities.
- Working under pressure: Equipment will need to be maintained and repaired at customer sites. The expectation is to keep this equipment operational to meet Healthcare Professionals standards.
- Administration: complete all administration tasks on time and report back to mentor on a regular basis.
- Installation: Involvement under supervision to develop a sound understanding of a system installation process from delivery to hand-over.
- Work to the highest Quality: Learn and work to Quality systems and programs compliant with ISO and other relevant standards, according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
- Problem solving: Demonstrate ability to escalate and problem manage and work towards a successful outcome for customers.
- Technology advocate: Keep developing and wanting to learn new technologies & ideas. Be open to and help encourage new ways of working.
- Flexibility: Field Service work by its nature involves daily travel to different customer sites so flexibility around start and finish times is expected.
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- A good quality, relevant technical qualification.
- Relevant technical experience, however ongoing technical training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Strong IT literacy.
- Strong desire to continuously learn and develop.
- Fluency in English.
- Display aptitude and manual dexterity.
- The ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- High work standards and a commitment to quality in all aspects of day to day activities.
- Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Customer skills; deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion.
- Clean driving license is essential.