Job Description Summary
In this senior role, you will help to develop the Sustainment functions long term strategies regarding mechanical design and product improvement. This will include the tools and process by which these developments are made and released.
Joining a small team of specialists at varying points in their career, your work will be dynamic and diverse which will keep your interest ignited, as you play a key role in growing the mechanical teams capabilities.
You will collaborate with Project Managers, Technical Leads and Chief Engineers to deliver on customer needs. In addition, drive initiatives to improve performance and lean out engineering processes.
You will promote a culture of design authority across the organisation, which emphasises shared responsibility in achieving safe designs and establish yourself as a mechanical subject matter expert (SME) for the group, responsible for the sign-off of mechanical documentation & design data.Job Description Essential Responsibilities
- Manage CAD, digital data and tool deployment for the Product Sustaining function. Driving consistency across all product portfolios.
- Provide Mechanical oversight across all product portfolios, driving robustness in digital data and design quality.
- Support supplier development initiatives to drive down material shortages and improve yield through reducing defects. Align supplier capability and design requirements.
- Perform a signatory role within the department for design releases to customer and regulatory requirements
- Support mentoring and coaching of others within the department
- You'll be responsible for completing mechanical design changes utilising standard tools and processes in line with our business standards
Qualifications / Requirements
- Leading projects across the sustainment department such as cost out, yield and product improvements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or a relevant level of experience
- Significant experience in a Mechanical and production orientated environment.
- Detailed knowledge of CAD (ideally NX) and product life cycle management (PLM) systems
- Demonstrated experience of performing a signatory role.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems efficiently using multiple business stakeholders
- Ability to plan and execute projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Established project management skills
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.Total Reward
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
#LI-RT1Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: