Job Description Summary
OC Robotics, based in Bristol, is part of GE Aviation and invents, designs, builds and deploys robotic repair and inspection devices. We are a small team of engineers with a broad range of skills from firmware development through to mechanical component design. We work closely with colleagues around the world, coordinating work in the US, India, the Middle East Region and the UK!
OCR is growing rapidly: in 2020 we delivered 78 deployments and for 2022 we are targeting >360 deployments. The number of projects is also growing, driving the need for great management of local resources and the need for clear prioritization and communication.
This roles sits within a small operations team covering all sales, project management, procurement, accounting and reporting.Job Description
As related customer equipment, facilities or infrastructure projects: responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.Roles and Responsibilities
The PM role manages specific projects from TG1 to TG6 6-8 at any one time plus the delivery management of field programs
The role comprises many activities including
- Managing project costing and profitability with standard tools
- Planning, driving, delivering and reporting on projects via agreed plans
- Influencing and working with colleagues within the global Product Line and Service Engineering matrix environment
- Taking ownership of specific programs and deliverables
- Working closely with the local senior leadership and Global customer teams to ensure that deployment commitments are met
- Accurately integrating into current project planning scenario. Responsible for monitoring progress and producing accurate projections. Ensuring other functions have access to accurate current reports and projections and relevant reports are available for the customer
- Developing in-depth knowledge of advanced technology technical disciplines. Using prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute TOW and CSA Ops Services policy/strategy.
- An in-depth understanding of key business drivers; and using this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Someone with in depth, applied knowledge of project management within industry, preferably low volume manufacturing
- A confident communicator, and empower others as you lead meetings
- A great active listener and able to coach individual team members to give their best
- Able to prioritize under pressure with limited resources, helping global Leadership to make great decisions
- Flexible, with the ability to create and drive novel solutions to achieve the businesses goals
- An excellent problem solver and super resilient
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or relevant experience)
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website. OC Robotics - GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance. At OC Robotics a GE Aviation company we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible. As a new joiner to OC Robotics - GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
#LI-SM1Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell