Job Description Summary
The Forecasting and Outage Enablement Leader (m/f) is responsible for driving operational performance and strategic initiatives across the region, achieving the business performance expectations for GE across execution delivery and financial key metrics. The Forecasting and Outage Enablement Leader will drive a team responsible to build consistency across ITR Organization. He/she will be leading Strategic initiatives with all functions to ensure we execute what we promise to customer. In this role he/she will be responsible wing to wing from forecating up to the Best Practices / Lesson Learn of executed projects. Will need also to drive post mortem analysis and consequential implementation. Will need to partner closely with Services Outage Leader and CFM team to make accurate pacing for the region(CM and Cash). Will be responsible for facilitating transactions, producing and delivering replacement/ repair parts and equipment as part of a Services agreement or order.
The role will drive customer value by ensuring delivery of key customer centric and business critical metrics, optimization our existing processes using Lean principles and tools, while driving standardization and consistency of approach across the region aligned with the Business Lines and Functions.
Direct and indirect Managers of people from multiple families within the function. Owns/influences budgets and operating plans. The role is guided by operating policy. Works with cross functional teams. The role has autonomy within the operational area or a segment within a larger business unit. High levels of evaluative judgment and operational acumen are required to achieve outcomes.
The position reports directly into the Europe ITR Operations Leader and is a member of the operations leadership team.Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Operationalizing global improvements & campaigns via communications, training, and coaching
- Implement and manage a standardized forecasting, opportunity / outage management and planning & budgeting processes, establishing the highest levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Ensure the implementation of improvements in business processes leading to increased sales performance, and/or higher operational efficiency.
- Partner with HR & Finance as well as regional leadership to help shape to the Incentive Compensation program from design and governance to implementation and administration ensuring that the plan drives sales behavior & reinforces the sales strategy.
- Input into all areas of sales strategy and running the target setting process to ensure that we can execute against our key priorities, GTM / MGPP models and strategic programs.
- Region data visualization, digitization, & analytics strategy whilst partnering with the DT NEX team for systems enhancement
- Seamlessly match together the sales, demand and supply planning to deliver for our customers
- In conjunction with ITR Service Outage Leader coordinate region stakeholders including Field Core, Parts, Repairs, Supply Chain, Engineering, and ITR to optimise our fulfilment supply chains to deliver value for our customer.
- Work with Sales and Business Intelligence teams to understand both short and long-term outage forecast, transfer information to operations and sub region teams to drive required actions.
- Partner with the Business Lines and Functions to explore growth and strategic opportunities by providing input on the region's customer needs and executing offerings.
- Lead process and procedure improvement projects, identified through Daily Management, that will have a quantifiable impact on the AM/CSL/CPM/CFM teams. Lead and facilitate Lean PSRs/ Kaizen Events and provide formal feedback progress to Leadership
- Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
- Leads others to find creative solutions within complex manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Employs sophisticated operational/product management, manufacturing or engineering techniques. Interaction with adjacent functions needed to solve issues. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Presents business or technical discipline solutions to leaders. Communicates complex messages and negotiates mainly internally with others to adopt a different point of view. Influences peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
- University bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience (field service, supply chain, engineering, repairs, customer service, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 25% of the time on average (may include seasonal variability)
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong network within Gas Power, especially Services, Parts, Repairs, Global Supply Chain & Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Event Planning & Execution roles
- Strong customer orientation and willingness to promote customer interests
- Strong, proven previous leadership capabilities; leading teams (directly or indirectly) and driving change
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders to become supporters
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision. Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Clear understanding of the basic roles, functions, and products/services/repairs within GE Gas Power
- Ability to communicate requirements and facilitate good practice-sharing in a motivating, engaging way
- A procedure mindset and ability to implement procedures and monitor compliance
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Familiar with lean and productivity programs
- Committed to process improvement